My auctions, Campagnolo Dia Compe Cinelli Mavic Shimano

RooKilo

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got a 1980's CarHall TT with that funny brazed on square block on the downtube where the shifters should be.. A bit after my time but it's a TT frame after all :)

Shasun

Carter and Hall were a Portsmouth bike shop that bought in frames and stuck their (CarHall) decals on them. Wally Green built some but the builder of the one I have is unknown.

Fillet brazed with fastback stays and vertical dropouts, very short rear end :). All I need are some forks. Bought 2 sets but don't seem to "go" with the frame :(

Shaun

Sounds cracking! The one from on here (longbeech - person, not place)?

Liking that but I can see the issue in finding forks - custom job perhaps?

Yep, the black one :). I bought some Peugeot aero looking forks which looked wrong then some chrome Zeus 2000 which looked too old. The Moser Leader ones I have look OK but the rake is all wrong. Been looking for later track forks which might be modern with short rake. Almost gave in one night and ordered some brand new from Brick Lane Bikes ..... On reflection I think I might just do that to save grief.

Shaun

Given it was built with a specific wheelbase I can see why finding correct rake / style forks is a bit of a mare. BLB could be the least painful option, apart from the cash bit.

Back