interesting Russian mech'

ferrus

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Crude, agricultural, terrible finish - it's all part of the appeal :)
I quite like the style of 'eastern block' mech's, and love the bowed shape of this one. They don't come up very often, so a bit gutted!

But the Russian Olympic riders ran Campag IIRC!

That's simply big bucks for the Lada of the cycling world.

A lucky escape for your wallet. If you want heavy, crude and ugly I can sell you some cheap Huret mechs...

Re:

Apart from the (lack of) polished finish, it don't look too dissimilar to Triomphe/victory

hamster":3dfrjs64 said:
A lucky escape for your wallet. If you want heavy, crude and ugly I can sell you some cheap Huret mechs...
Yep, I know it.

Huret.. memories of those horrible Eco mech's that were almost ubiquitous on cheap bikes in the '80s..

But yeah Shaun, Svelto was a design classic I guess ..bit before my time so never had the pleasure.
They did love the pressed-metal approach which I used to hate, but definitely had their moments (and influence).
The Jubilee and Duopar are classic mech's - and that 'orrible pressed metal became very appealling, when it was titanium!

Hip Hip Huret! :oops:

Latest posts

Back