Panasonic Raleigh - Team Issue?

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Small frame so bit vertically challenged then lol 2nd frame they made for him in 1987 so can't have been too shabby a rider :)

Shaun

Re:

I dunno, there's something not looking right about that frame to me for a top end 753. The brake bridge, lack of drillings to the dropouts, slightly smudged blue paint, seat post binding bolt. I'm no expert at all on these later frames but I'd be careful. Initials don't ring any bells for me...

Just been back to look at the pics, has a braze on number holder and typical Raleigh features of the day. They had stopped drilling dropouts by then IIRC and to my eye the later Raleigh frames seem to have gone off the boil.

The best Raleigh Frames stopped around 1984 with the fastback Pro / Pro Super IMHO.

Having said that my knowledge of the scene mid eighties onwards is a little patchy as I had left Uni and had to work for a living.......

Shaun

Midlife":vfvoovbi said:
Just been back to look at the pics, has a braze on number holder and typical Raleigh features of the day. They had stopped drilling dropouts by then IIRC and to my eye the later Raleigh frames seem to have gone off the boil.

The best Raleigh Frames stopped around 1984 with the fastback Pro / Pro Super IMHO.

Having said that my knowledge of the scene mid eighties onwards is a little patchy as I had left Uni and had to work for a living.......

Shaun
With you on the shot in / fast back stays Shaun, still look good today.

It's definitely an SBDU. Just wonder who PJ was??

I wouldn't bid any higher than currently because I'm always wary of any auction where a zero rated bidder keeps bumping the price up.
Presumably the forks aren't original and it will need a repaint which is going to add a significant cost.

Back