Is this really a Titanium seat post ??

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Looks like there could well be a scam going off on here!

I've seen the Chorus titanium seat-post and looks beautiful and my friend has a standard Chorus steel post,the one which is being sold looks like the steel one to me!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201126291329? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Picture of a beautiful Chorus Titanium post:

Attachments

• DSC04080.jpg
    DSC04080.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,207
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've sent the seller a message asking to clarify whether or not its the steel version or the Titanium version, no such reply.

Maybe a few RB members could send him a quick message asking the same.

A standard Chorus steel seat-post:

Attachments

• 6996182294_b7ce847d06.jpg
    6996182294_b7ce847d06.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,204
Re:

Without seeing it in the flesh but owning a titanium version myself, I would say it was the steel variant he has there.

The shaft is the wrong colour, it should be polished natural titanium and not matte steel grey.

The Campagnolo logo on the Ti version is not printed but Ti dyed on in brown along with the size and height mark lower down the post so cannot scratch off in the way his has.

The font used for CHORUS is different. The writing on the Ti version is svelte and says CHORUS TITANIUM, where as the one in the ad is bold and blocky with no evidence of it ever saying titanium, which looking how the logo has partially worn you would expect if it were indeed the titanium variant

So I think it is safe to say it's the steel version. I could be wrong, but here is a couple of pictures of mine.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20140726_141147.jpg
    20140726_141147.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,179
  • 20140726_141139.jpg
    20140726_141139.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,179
That's not titanium (the e-bay one)...................have a look at his other bits for sale, all rare and fantastic !

Shaun

Re:

Well, I suppose the seller does have a point with regards to it being very rare..... After all, it is the only chorus titanium post in existence made from steel :LOL:

Now, I wonder if he's got any of those fantastic snake oil lubed vintage unicorn horn's I've been looking for :facepalm:

So you guys going to message him and ask him ???

Come on! I can see some poor fella getting ripped off,which is just not on.

Back