Banesto TVT Frame

Thats NOT an HM.
The HM version that most of the PRO teams used is the stiffer of the 2 TVT models and has engraved head & seat lugs.
It looks to me like its been resprayed White, and also the top tube decal is wrong.
its a FAKE BANESTO. it is a TVT but the HR version.

NO They are both TVT frames But the one in the thread is a replica (for want of a better expression) ITS not even a replica Banesto HM TVT. Like I said it has the wrong decals & its been resprayed. If you do a few searches for Banesto TVT there are images of Indurain & Delgardo both riding RED (Renyolds Team) versions of the TVT & the White (Banesto team) versions of the TVT HM. ALWAYS the MH VERSION with the engraved head & seat lugs.
The Teams always used the HM version which was 15-20% stiffer than the standard HR version.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beautiful-Lem ... 1e85ad5de1
This is a Standard HR version Compare the top tube decals between the Banesto & the Lemond. The Lemond one is the Genuine one.
I used to sell these frames back in the late 80's to early 90's. They also did a Low pro version
This is a TVT HM Badged up as a concorde it give better photos of the lugs etc
http://www.cycleexif.com/concorde-tvt-92.

Hope that explains it for you? As I'm shite at trying to explain things to people.:)

rusty bodie":2kes3xsa said:
excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between the two? is one a team frame and one a replica?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
stringfellow1946":2q7rvfrf said:
NO They are both TVT frames But the one in the thread is a replica (for want of a better expression) ITS not even a replica Banesto HM TVT. Like I said it has the wrong decals & its been resprayed. If you do a few searches for Banesto TVT there are images of Indurain & Delgardo both riding RED (Renyolds Team) versions of the TVT & the White (Banesto team) versions of the TVT HM. ALWAYS the MH VERSION with the engraved head & seat lugs.
The Teams always used the HM version which was 15-20% stiffer than the standard HR version.
This is a Standard HR version Compare the top tube decals between the Banesto & the Lemond. The Lemond one is the Genuine one.
I used to sell these frames back in the late 80's to early 90's. They also did a Low pro version

Hope that explains it for you? As I'm shite at trying to explain things to people.:)

rusty bodie":2q7rvfrf said:
excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between the two? is one a team frame and one a replica?

par excellence, sir!! i can't believe how clean that lemond tvt of your's is. you didn't buy the frame off of a friend of mine in glasgow, did you? i haven't seen the time titan mag pedals looking that clean since the late 80s! lovely stuff.

:cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think the frame did come from Scotland come to think of it. I bought it on e-bay.
The Time pedals are NOS i bought a job lot of 8 or 10 pairs. 4 pairs

rusty bodie":35ntogyz said:
stringfellow1946":35ntogyz said:

rusty bodie":35ntogyz said:

par excellence, sir!! i can't believe how clean that lemond tvt of your's is. you didn't buy the frame off of a friend of mine in glasgow, did you? i haven't seen the time titan mag pedals looking that clean since the late 80s! lovely stuff.

:cool:

Thank you for your very kind comments on the TVT.
I think the frame did come from Scotland come to think of it. I bought it on e-bay.
The Time pedals are NOS I bought a job lot of 8 or 10 pairs. 4 pairs Titan mag & 6 pairs of the Equipe ones, all boxed with cleats.
I've also got a low pro one in Blue with all C-Record groupset with Ghibli rear disc. & another Road TVT HR in green with first edition chorus groupset.
I will get round to photographing all the collection hopefully some time soon & post them on here, but there is over 20 bikes now & its still growing. ( I need to get a life) lol

yup, i thought that michael said he sold it to someone on the isle of man who already had several tvts, but i see that you're the isle of wight.

that was a stunning bike when he bought it from geoffrey butler many moons ago. it was a very low mileage bike and done up exactly the same as lemond's bike, complete with delta record parts and those scott drop in bars. the frame was practically unmarked. i was at the stage where i was going to buy the frame from him just to hang on the wall as unfortunately it's too small for me! nice purchase that chap! :cool:

i don't suppose you'd be interested in selling me a pair of those titan mag pedals, would you?! i've also been looking for pair of the matching time tbt shoes that matched those pedals, but you never see them for sale. these slightly later ones are about the closest i've seen and again, never in my size . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-NEW-VINTA ... 3ccd71f14e

:?

I only have one pair of the titan pedals left but 4 pairs of the equipe.
I sold 2 pairs of the Titan ones to a guy in Japan for crazy money i think they almost covered the cost of the Lemond TVT Frame.
Sell probably NOT as these are like rocking horse shit to get hold of NOS.
BUT I might be persuaded to do a swap for one of the pairs of pedals for some other parts I need if something mint or NOS comes along that I need. (and that won't be any Campagnolo or Shimano parts).
When I bought the pedals i was also offered a load of the matching Time shoes as well, but I think they were 42 40 & 39 sizes.
I might try & contact the guy again & see if he still has them.

... look this is a pic of Big Mig's original TVT92, on which he won his first TDF in 1991

The original is a HM Version with engraved TVT on seat muffle and steering muffle. The offer within ebay is a good
homework. If you compare both Frame sets you will see that some of the decals at the ebay
item are not on the correct place.

(if you like to see ... in the signature you will find my own Greg Lemond TVT92 HM Carbone "Z-Team" - It's with Ergopwers 1st Gen)

Attachments

• TVT_Banesto.jpg
    TVT_Banesto.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 4,328
Back