Carbonframes Lemond with C-Record Century parts

paul_tea

Devout Dirtbag
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greg-Lemond-9 ... 1196515337

It's a '91 frame, same as LemondFan's RBOTM from 2010, with at least a few C-Record Century parts - I can see delta brakes and the cranks. The description says it comes with 8 speed ergo powers and Omega rims. And it's currently going cheap.

The only slight glitch is it's a zero feedback user from Jakarta. I don't recognise the photos from elsewhere on the internet, and I am just very slightly nerdy about these frames! The limited description sounds like it's written by an authentic biker though the whole advert is very limited for a rather special bike. It could be legit but it's too strong for my risk tastes.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
paul_tea":1s7hncq9 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greg-Lemond-9 ... 1196515337

It's a '91 frame, same as LemondFan's RBOTM from 2010, with at least a few C-Record Century parts - I can see delta brakes and the cranks. The description says it comes with 8 speed ergo powers and Omega rims. And it's currently going cheap.

The only slight glitch is it's a zero feedback user from Jakarta. I don't recognise the photos from elsewhere on the internet, and I am just very slightly nerdy about these frames! The limited description sounds like it's written by an authentic biker though the whole advert is very limited for a rather special bike. It could be legit but it's too strong for my risk tastes.
I would be so tempted by this, but I have just bought another Mercian - you can pay by Paypal, so in theory you are covered if it's a fraudulent sale??

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It looks unused! But there's no photo of the complete bike and only 4 pics in total. Surely if it's real the seller would make at least a half decent attempt to photograph all the main parts, with decent quality pics, and rotate them the correct way :facepalm:
It could be genuine, but then how many of these were likely to end up in indonesia, and stay unused for over 20 years? It could be an absolute bargain if it goes cheap, but I seriously doubt it's authentic :roll:

Back