Obree

47p2

Senior Retro Guru
$_12.JPG

Click

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Campaign for statue outside Velodrome...? (A Mike Burrows design obviously;)

More influential and a bigger star then Hoy ever was. A true innovator AND a national sporting hero.

+1 for me. Anyone who makes innovations which are so good they get constantly banned does it for me. Mr Obree is truely a one-off.

I've been to the Vicenza factory. They have a special products dept there where they do tt and record bikes. As soon as I said I was Scottish - the Campag man says 'come with me' All the all the Moser hour bikes up on the wall and in the corner: am obree replica and a wee shrine with all the Gazetta cuttings!

International legend!

:shock:

Agree that this should be put somewhere on display. After all, the EM bike is in a Brussels tube station.

Fantastic! Local hero for me ( in fact he lives round the corner), this would look brilliant on the mantel :) looks like it might be one of the 'factory' ones, I believe two were made as 'improved' versions of old faithful but were shunned in favour of the bike he built himself. Which if anyone is keen to see is on display at the Glasgow transport museum.

Back