mercian track frame which is a lo-pro

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The 3 inch spearpoint lugs are Mercian territory but the seat stays half way up the seat tube are track / pursuit style.......... Forks are wrong but someone somewhere time-trialled the thing :)

Shaun

Track frame without track ends?

Somewhere in the midst of that bike there's a decent frame, just all looks a bit confused as it stands. Has it not been modified / re-built from an old Mercian and made into a lo-pro? The headtube lugs are completely different, in that there isn't a bottom lug. And the clearance on the rear wheel to the seat tube is a bit big for a track frame?

Bit surprised it's in sleepy Matlock, rather expected it to be from the Capital :eek:

I've been looking again and I think you are right.............I think someone has "Butchered" a Mercian Professional into some sort of Lo-Pro :(

Shaun

oh god that has been butchered completely! and £439! :shock:

so many things to comment on

the butchery to the frame, the mixed track/fixed parts on a frame designed for gears, the miss matching parts, the handle bar and stem combo, the brake lever position, the huge chainring left for originality(??!!!), the v brake pads on the front brake, and it looks like the bottom bracket is in backwards, the bolt through the seat clamp, need i go on?

uggh, i hate to see such butchery especially when it could have been or was a nice frame.

:facepalm:

The more you look, the more of a runt it is. This "rat" look that has been doing the rounds for the last couple of years isn't my cup of tea at all. If that 'was' a Mercian Pro then you have to ask why? So many other frames to go at.

In the midst of all that I hadn't seen the price!!! meanwhile on planet earth ...

why? because some people either don't understand the value or history in something or just don't care.

but then the seller may not be any form of enthusiast, that said it's still a dysfunctional bag of rubbish which isn't even rideable and potentially unsafe frame wise.

You have to have some interest and understanding / knowledge to get the concept of a lo-pro though so this isn't a flight of fancy, rather specifically built as such. Not quite sure what it's all about or for to be honest. Shed full of parts, let's make something??

Does look a bit worrying to ride - the bike equivalent of a soap box derby car made by the uncle who can't put a shelf up straight!

Back