Original White LOOK Pedals

Bought in the 80s, tried them and fell off, stuck them in a drawer only to be forgotten for 30 years :oops:

that's hilarious as i think everyone who went from clips and straps on to those pedals fell off to begin with! i remember thinking "right, must remember to click to the side, must remember to click to the side . ." and when the traffic light stop came i started pulling up like hell and going "ARRRRGHHH!!" yup, in full view of rush hour traffic outside asda! :oops:

do you still have your's??

Mine are the Time TBT pedals Craig, and I still have them. I took them with me on holiday last year to Lanzarote and when I hired a bike I the shop owner said they were the best pedals ever. When I lift them up now I can't believe how heavy they are though, but still great pedals. Guess I'm the lucky one as I've never fallen with mine :cool:

now, that's interesting you mention these things as we were thinking of going there at the end of march for a couple of weeks on the bike - would you recommend lanzarote at that time of year? we looked into majorca but looks like it might be a bit average on the weather front that time of year.

funny you mention those pedals as i still use them too and took them to majorca a couple of years ago when i hired a bike there. the german guy who ran the shop couldn't stop laughing when he saw them and my battered white time shoes from the same era too!! i have never used anything else since 1988 as they are the best design i can imagine giving excellent float and travel for my poor old knees!

:cool:

I like Lanzarote, the roads are not too busy which means plenty space for cyclists. Weather last February was around 78f which is perfect for me and there's a nice 100 mile loop you can do which takes in most of the island

I don't have Time shoes, they were too expensive for me so I bought the Look shoes (see below)

Time pedals and cleats and another set of cleats on the Look shoes

Attachments

• P1050705.JPG
    P1050705.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 369
  • P1050704.JPG
    P1050704.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 369
  • P1050703.JPG
    P1050703.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 369
wow! those shoes are superancient!! i'm sure that look brought them out as part of their first range of shoes after the creation of the pedals. i have the slightly older pedals that your's- mine are the titan magnesium jobs - a bit lighter than the standard although the axles did tend to suffer at the distal ends unlike the steel equivalent.

thanks for the info on lanzarote. that sounds really promising and just the kind of temperature that suits me and my crap circulation down to a T!!

craig

Back