Fred Williams Reynolds 531 frame for rebuild

DrewSavage

Retro Guru
Hello - a mate of mine in Stourbridge is selling his former pride and joy, which has a cracked lug that will need re-welding.

I thought I'd do him a favour and try and draw attention to it so it may find a good home.

eBay auction ends at 7:24pm on Sunday 13th.

Here it is on eBay

And a cut and paste of the accompanying text:

Fred Willams Reynolds 531 Touring bike - frame built by Bromwich cycles in Coventry

This Touring bike was built for me in the early 80's by the Fred Williams Cycle shop in Wolverhampton (and cost me more than my car at the time!).

I used it up until the start of the 1990's until I gave up cycling, having lost my nerve.

It has been sat in our shed until my wife gave me an ultimatum: either re-build it or get rid of it.

Sadly I don't have the time, skills or money to carry that out, so I'd prefer my Williams to go to a good home.

As you can see from the photos, it needs slots of love, attention and some welding on the rear lug which is cracked.

Ideal for someone wanting a rebuilding project for a touring bike or winter trainer.

Specs:

Reynolds 531 double butted frame (23" from middle of crank to top of seat post).
700 x 28c Steel wheels (36 spoke).
6 Speed cassette.
P3000 Rear skewer.
Maillard Front skewer.
Shimano Exage 500 LX Rear Derailleur.
Shimano Altus Front Derailleur.
Shimano Biopace Front Chainset (52/?)
Shimano 105 Cranks.
Shimano 600 Gear shifts.
Alloy bottle cage.
Viscount Gel Saddle.
Weinman Brakes and Drilled levers.
Narrow profile handlebars.

I am happy to package it up for courier collection, if required.

I would also be very grateful if whoever won, sent me a photo of the completed restoration, please?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back