Colnago Bititan Mapei frameset

bruce.of.zurich

Old School Hero
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0941253637

Cheers

22n5hl.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
dan_bo":h6d9feo4 said:
I bet that rides like an absolute dream.

i'm not sure if you mean that or if it's colnago humour! :LOL:

very nice frame though, if colnago have repainted it though i'm sure they must be happy with the frame.

I seriously doubt this was the original color scheme. The way the dropouts are painted is waaay to modern and never used on any of the vintage Colnago frames I have come across.

The Bititan was none to crack at the welds near the BB. I have seen several Bititan frames that were repainted because of this.

SWijland":1m9t5n5q said:
I seriously doubt this was the original color scheme. The way the dropouts are painted is waaay to modern and never used on any of the vintage Colnago frames I have come across.

The Bititan was none to crack at the welds near the BB. I have seen several Bititan frames that were repainted because of this.

I don't understand the purpose of your accusative, suspicious tone.

This is a repaint, the vinyl masks used today for the dropouts are probably different from those used in the '90s. This frame was painted by Roncelli, Dalmine (Bergamo). He is one of Colnago's suppliers (Colnago doesn't paint frames in-house).
They painted this frame in the Rominger color scheme, with added Columbus and Mapei graphics. They have the vinyl masks for those graphics and I thought it was a nice touch.

Rominger's Hour Record Colnago was painted by Roncelli.

If you look at the head tube decal on the frame I have for sale, you'll notice the modern Colnago logo with the slanted typeface. Not period correct. Roncelli uses these because that's what he has available.

The frame is free from cracks and repairs. It has been repainted because its paint coat was no longer in a good state.

This is the story of this frameset.

Cheers

It is good to hear the frame is free of cracks.

If this company did more paint jobs for Colnago, I hope they did clear the vent holes on those others.

Back