Steel 80s Specialized Allez

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Oh, oh, oh pick me!

I have been a huge 3Rensho fan for years so I know way too much about this. Only a select few Allez frames were made by Yoshi Konno and they are relatively easy to spot. First is the 3rensho lug is long and thin with a very fine point. Next the fork crown is offset forward so that when viewed from the side the fork legs are about a centimeter ahead of the steerer. There are few other bits like the "s" on the seat stay cap and the shape of the brake bridge. On a quick glance if you see a red Allez with small white decals then start looking for the other details. They were sold for a little over 2 years in the early 80s, almost all were red, available as a frameset or with Campagnolo Super Record. Lastly the SE model, which was made famous in that horrid film American Flyers, were all made by Miyata even though the paint and decals seem the same.

for a quick visual side by side:

http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/ ... built.html

Back