Rotrax

That's unusual, mostly demo frames were a head tube, lugs, a bit of seat tube and rear cluster etc. Don't ever remember a mini frame :)

I think it's superb but not £1200 superb!

Shaun - did they make the demo frame (sections) as you describe to full production spec i.e. full construction methods or where they tacked together just enough to keep the lugs & tubes as one?

Real Demo models were painstakingly made and finished / lug lined / box striped etc............after all it was the frame builders chance to show off :) Usually mounted on polished wood.

I used to interview dental students for places at Uni, sometimes they brought in airfix models etc that they had made to show off. Often they looked like they had been made by a batch of blind hedgehogs in a bag LOL

Shaun

That sounds tremendous (not the dental student part :shock: ) but the precision of doing a full job just to show standards of workmanship and obviously to create sales. I imagine they looked great mounted on wood.

Me thinks a 'totally broken / irreparable' frame with elaborate lugwork might be the order of the day so I can cut it up and create something similar for the wall! :eek:

Back