The most beautiful brakes ever?

Lance made em famous.

Rubbish stoppers though.
I had a set on an old colnago..
Made famous by lance on his early TT bikes..

Re: Lance made em famous.

Jerome":1ffdjt09 said:
Rubbish stoppers though.

you could say the same about kelly brook..

kelly-brook-wallpaper-1.jpg

....NAAAHHHHHH!!

they may not work, but ee byy gumm you can't take your
eyes off of them!!

:twisted:

Re: Lance made em famous.

rusty bodie":1bnrl78i said:
Jerome":1bnrl78i said:
Rubbish stoppers though.

you could say the same about kelly brook..

kelly-brook-wallpaper-1.jpg

....NAAAHHHHHH!!

they may not work, but ee byy gumm you can't take your
eyes off of them!!

:twisted:

I would not take my hands of them,but the court order makes it difficult :LOL:

In my mind too the DA AX group-set was out of this world and belongs on a space-ship.

I hear alot of moaners about the AX brakes that you are unable to get the wheel out
because these brakes have no quick release as such, Well there is!, What you do is press
hard on the arms of the callipers[opposite the brake blocks] then grab hold of the yoke and pull
down,The yoke comes out of the twin groves then you let go of the brakes and they spring open.

Fitting is just the reversal.

You seen the other stuff this seller 'tries' to sell :oops:

I have several pairs and I even have 600AX callipers in regular use on a rider. I am happy with the brake performance and there is a lot space between blocks and rims, so it is very convenient for example when I want to take the wheel out.

Imo the brakes are one of the nicer parts of the AX group. Many other parts use plastics like 'aerodynamic' covers that don't age very well. For example the hubs and the small guide on te rear mech. Routing for the front mech is problematic on non-specific frames and the rear mech only works when the cable is routed over the top of the chainstay.

Sorry to be of a different opinion but those brakes have had a beating from the Ugly Stick.......

One mans meat and all that :D

Shaun

Latest posts

Back