Raleigh Castorama Team Frame

22 years ago, I'd have given right arm for that...A stunning buy for someone!

Sadly too big for me too :(

It's the right size for me, well it's the same size as my 531C Raleigh...found it earlier and is now on my watch list!

make him an offer, it won't go for anywhere near what he wants

I don't think it's a Raleigh though, I think it's by the builder that Cyrille Guimard, the team owner, used and had them badged as Raleigh.

I know this is a bit of an old thread now and the listing has long ended but I had the pleasure of being able to manhandle this frameset last week and IMHO a Raleigh this is not! It is currently in South Wales and if its backstory is to be believed is very likely to be a frame made for the Super U team in 1989 ( but the older style 753 decals make me question the date or authenticity) and has a front derailleur hanger and race number bracket which a team replica Raleigh frame would have not had. The BB shell stamp is not a stamp, it has raised lettering, and does not give away anything regarding who may have ridden it. The decals are incomplete too so it might have been a training or spare bike perhaps.

As Matt says above Cyrille Guimard had bikes made by frame makers other than Raleigh so I'd be intrigued to know who made this, when and for whom...If it was the next size down I may well have had it rather than embark on my Dyna-Tech project as no doubt it has an interesting tale to tell.

Back