Could this really be a GIOS ?

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I wouldn't have thought a Gios would have mudguard eyes on the forks. Can't quite see the rear dropouts.

Reminds me of a "Colnago" I was watching a few weeks back:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221122474235? ... 542wt_1399

Again it has mudguard eyes and has patently never been a Colnago, I love the bull about the "embroidering" being taken off the frame.

Some poor sucker paid good money for a fake.

Mark.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
daccordimark":1kzpsshv said:
Reminds me of a "Colnago" I was watching a few weeks back: Mark.
I got into a slagging match with the seller of that so called colnago! Telling him he's selling a fake colnago and is no way an original.

Looking at that so-called Gios :roll: Checkout the clamp on cable guide behind the chainset...lol

Best part about his listing is this......
''P.S. Please watch out for further offers as we are clearing out our massive collection of Classic Rare Road Bikes, Frames,& components.''

May just watch this seller to see what other crap he brings up.

This seller is only four miles from me by the way :shock:

Just had this reply from the seller[I asked him if the frame is Panto'd with GIOS anywhere ?........

Hi, to the best of our knowledge this bike is genuine as described, early models were panto'd as you described but later model were not this can be checked on Gios sites.

I do feel that if this were an original (No chance BTW) that they may have actually managed to get the head tube badge in the middle of the tube ;)

Back