1975 Geoffrey Butler Road Bike 531 Restored - VGC

mark45acp

Dirt Disciple
Listing on EBAY this Thursday 23rd - with sensible reserve
Geoffrey Butler 531 DB racing bike retro vintage restored
One owner from new ! Time to go to a collector rather than in my garage in a box. Race winning bike bought in 1975. most parts are as originally fitted then. There was an upgrade in the late 90's to current spec. the frame was recently professionally resprayed in the original colour.
Specs - Frame 531 double butted + FORKS with rare ZEUS 2000 fork
crown which is very nice and rarely seen then or now !
SIZE - 21 & 1/2'' - measures - BB to seat post = 57cm, centre seat post to centre headset = 55 cm
original parts 1975 vintage -
GALLI roller bearing alloy headset - one of the first headsets to use roller bearings - very rare now!
GALLI Brake levers and callipers. Campagnolo cable clips
Cinelli 66 bars and Cinelli Record Stem, Campag seat bolt
Suntour Cyclone rear mech, Campagnolo Record front changer
Shiman Dura Ace chainset 52 / 42 on a Campagnolo bottom bracket
Suntour gear levers 6 speed freewheel
Campagnolo large flange record hubs (still excellent bearings!)
Mikashima track pedals - Campag copies and very good - now rare (including orange cap spanner) Christophe toe clips and Binda straps
in the late 1990's i refurbished it - Turbo Saddle, yellow bottle cage, Dia Compe yellow lever covers, Cables, generic seat post, clip in pump and the wheels were rebuilt - the original Record hubs being fitted with new SAPIM s'steel spokes and Mavic MA3 RED 700 rims with Continental 700c 28 tyres and tubes ( NOT TUBS ANYMORE ) new brake pads AZTEK
Overall very good condition for age 9/10 more pictures available on email. see my other listings - garage clear out !

Attachments

• GB Lo res.jpg
    GB Lo res.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 663
Back