Raleigh century 24ct gold plated road bike in 62cm no194 NOS

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
If your looking here you'll propberly know this the holy grail of raleigh bikes to get your hands on im just waiting for the pics to load to photobucket but for sale a new old stock never ridden in 100% original condition and very shiney having been plated in a thick coat of 24ct gold one 62cm Raleigh century its no 194 of the 200 made to celebrate raleighs 100 years since they opened there doors and where only available to selected retailers my mate alex has had this at the shop since he got it back in 87 its never once had a customer or himself sit on it it has

1. the frame and fork tubing is 531 reynolds custom butted and the frame and forks have then been plated in a thick coat of 18ct gold

2. full shimano 105 groupset hubs gears headset pedals the works

3. rolls saddle

4. rims are weinmann

5. comes with the full certification and paper work from Raleigh and tells the story of Raleigh

anyway the pics tell the full story as soon as there loaded il add a link Alex is after £1500 for the complete bike but is open to offers if the right person is interested as this is a historic piece ie someone who isn't going to strip it down or use it as a winter trainer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: if your interested drop me a pm and il give you his number for a chat he didn't know what sort of price to put it up for so feel free to call him and have a chat as he thinks its a shame its been hung up just getting dusty (he does dust it though)

big burner":25q02nnh said:
I thought there was only 100 made and 24ct plated :?:

Dame thought it was 18ct :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

they did make 100 then loads of raleigh dealers royally kicked off so no101-200 where made

cannondale king":hlklk7gk said:
big burner":hlklk7gk said:

they did make 100 then loads of raleigh dealers royally kicked off so no101-200 where made

Right with you now,I have one of the original 100 its used as it should be :)

big burner":u7c96nvb said:
cannondale king":u7c96nvb said:
big burner":u7c96nvb said:

Right with you now,I have one of the original 100 its used as it should be :)

well funny you should say that but the no.101-200 came out at the same time as 001-100 as theychanged there plans after the pre-order uproar and made 200 straight off the bat ;)

I never understood Raleigh with this bike :? A Century edition bike which looks fantastic - gorgeous - outstanding and they stick a 105 groupset on it :facepalm:

They should have had a custom engraved Campag' SR groupset on it instead and the name Campagnolo replaced with 'RALEIGH C' :cool: :cool:

Ian Raleigh":3uggaxv1 said:
I never understood Raleigh with this bike :? A Century edition bike which looks fantastic - gorgeous - outstanding and they stick a 105 groupset on it :facepalm:

They should have had a custom engraved Campag' SR groupset on it instead and the name Campagnolo replaced with 'RALEIGH C' :cool: :cool:

There's only one way to find out the answer time machine back to 87 sit the guy who said yes down slap him round the face while screaming WHHHHHHYYYYYYY WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY YOU ARSE WWWHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back