98 Kona Kapu 853 frame

Good job it's size 58, or even I might be tempted to try a road bike (not really, only kidding)

Attachments

• 1998 Kona Kapu catalogue.jpg
    1998 Kona Kapu catalogue.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 729
maybe I can tempt you with my 56cm Anthony.. :)

DSC_0155.jpg

frame sizing.

I've been following this since it was listed but can't make out what the frame size is from the dimensions. Can't find any info in a '98 catalogue but looking at '97 and '99 versions Kona measured road frames by the top tube length.

So with a est top tube length of 56.5 it could be a 56..

Keepitsteel could you help me out and list the seat tube (centre to top and centre to centre) and head tube length of your Kapu?? Lovely build by the way.

cheers, it rides brilliantly, thats the original mudshark fork and the whole package smooths out the road better than anything else ive ridden.

i'll take measurements for you later, but mines a 56cm (from memory its 56cm tt and st) and im almost certain the one listed is next size up, so likely a 58cm. Otherwise id be tempted to bid on it myself as a spare!

Keep it Steel's bike is the same size as the one in the catalogue, and I think we can see from the length of the head tube and the angle of the top tube that the eBay frame is a size larger. I agree that the dimensions given are a bit puzzling though.

Back