Roberts road bike - Campag groupset from late 1980's

yellowbelly

Retro Newbie
Regretfully have listed my vintage (?) Roberts.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chas-Roberts-...0590115367?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item230fdece27

Having cleaned it up I feel even less like selling it! I guess this is common. But it has to go.

In the rush to get it posted Sunday night I didn't add any notes on the condition. Should I add them now that I've had some bids?

Also has a Datatag number. Should I list it? I have had it for 10 years.

Thanks . . . . . Ben

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
IMG_2548_small.jpg

Yellowbelly,

Good looking bike.

Re- extra info on condition - I think the more info you can provide the better. If it was me I would definitely add more info to your listing.

Good luck,

David.

Updated eBay with a brief condition of bike. If you add every small chip it sounds worse than it is. Added that condition was not unreasonable 'for a 25 year old bike'. Whatever that is.

Checked Datatag. Not found.

. . . Ben

Thanks stedlocks!

As I mentioned before the bike has a Datatag number on the top tube. Still on file with Datatag (I checked the wrong database earlier) who can update their records with the new owner. Not registered as stolen. Also showing chip and previous retouching under right lever.
IMG_2613.jpg

Damage to LHS (nearside?) transfers.
IMG_2610_resize.jpg

Those cranks are definetly Victory , with 9 bids from 6 bidders already and 2 days still to go it will be a big last few minutes i suggest .

Thanks for looking latman!

I may be too old to be wanted down under but the bike would enjoy some of that Aussie sunshine! :cool: :cool: :cool:

. . . Ben

Was 310 pounds what you expected yellowbelly? It has actually rained a lot here since saturday but luckily still T-shirt and shorts temperatures.

I had no expectation of how much it would make. It is £200 less than I spent on it 10 years ago so depreciation of 40% (?) £200 to keep it in the hall for 10 years. (?) Still sad to see it go.

The buyer is enthusiastic about winning it and is based in East London. He did not find the listing from this site. If £300 isn't enough to stop it being broken for parts or turned into a fixie then I don't want to know.

Selling my other bike, a Bickerton folder, is another story. Made £60 plus £130 to send it to Japan. Hope this is worthwhile.

Weather's stunning here and should be for Easter break so that's a plus.

. . . Ben

Back