Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:50 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:59 am 
Old School Grand Master

I was watching that - looks like a good buy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:42 am 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

There is quite a lot Concorde on the web, but this Max FB is about the pinnacle of everything Concorde and I think there are not so many made. The introduction is at about the same time as the intralipid case and the end of the PDM Concorde team. After that Concorde continue with the Collstrop team and a couple years later they made an attempt with space age materials in their line up, like with for example the Razorblade, but I think from mid 90's on they weren't as prominent present anymore.

Collstrop Concorde on VeloSpace

http://velospace.org/node/27368

Paint looks like.... Bart Brentjens American Eagle. American Eagles were intitially Concordes, but at some point Veltec (the company behind Concorde) decided for positioning the off road offerings differently and rename them 'American Eagle'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:32 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Elev12k wrote:
There is quite a lot Concorde on the web, but this Max FB is about the pinnacle of everything Concorde and I think there are not so many made. The introduction is at about the same time as the intralipid case and the end of the PDM Concorde team. After that Concorde continue with the Collstrop team and a couple years later they made an attempt with space age materials in their line up, like with for example the Razorblade, but I think from mid 90's on they weren't as prominent present anymore.

Collstrop Concorde on VeloSpace

http://velospace.org/node/27368

Paint looks like.... Bart Brentjens American Eagle. American Eagles were intitially Concordes, but at some point Veltec (the company behind Concorde) decided for positioning the off road offerings differently and rename them 'American Eagle'

Thanks for the link, another TSX frame though.

Didn't realise the American Eagle / Concorde link. Now I know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:38 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

I do have an American Eagle catalogue. I will put it on the scanner some day. For 12k in guilders people could buy a Bart Brentjens replica. Frame: All Columbus MAX OR, fillet brazed.

For the idea: 12k in guilders could buy you a little car back in the day. Or a Ringle loaded Yeti ARC AS LT ...or full WTB everything equipped Phoenix. Quite pricey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:48 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Elev12k wrote:
I do have an American Eagle catalogue. I will put it on the scanner some day. For 12k in guilders people could buy a Bart Brentjens replica. Frame: All Columbus MAX OR, fillet brazed.

For the idea: 12k in guilders could buy you a little car back in the day. Or a Ringle loaded Yeti ARC AS LT ...or full WTB everything equipped Phoenix. Quite pricey.

What is 12K guilders in Euros? Or Pounds? Assume the 12K got a whole bike.

It does seem expensive. Were these built by ciocc too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:57 pm 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

When we traded the guilder for the euro in '01, one euro was 2,20 guilders. So from that perpective the AE costet 5500 euro ...what is quite a lot money for a bike in mid 90s. The 12k was for full bike: Rond Hydro Pro forks, Magura HS22, Syncros cockit and post and top of line groupset from Shimano, Sachs or Campag - I do not recall which.

The nicer Concordes were made by Bilato in Italy. Bilato also built for Ciocc and Lemond among others. It could very well be they also built the Max FB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor

Following a Smokey and the Bandit style run round the Coventry ring road yesterday evening to get to the Parcel Force Depot before it shut the Concorde is now in my hands.

Build thread started here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101580

Anyone got a Dura Ace 7410 headset ;)