SBDU 8545

Re:

How many people buy a top end bike and can’t remember what make it is? It would be very difficult to tell if it is 753. Decals, fake and genuine, are easy to come by - although that one doesn’t look new.
Reynolds did state that 753 shouldn’t be chrome plated (that didn’t stop some manufacturers; Peugeot, for example) but it’s rare to see a custom-built frame that is plated.

Re: Re:

scooter":90c0fe6l said:
Richard & Nicholas Crane , 1986 are they still Riding & still got the bikes ?

Nick Crane was interviewed at home a while back. While I can’t remember what programme it was, he did still have his bike in the hall (as you do).

<edit> it was the Pedalling Dreams: The Raleigh Story programme on BBC

I seen that as well Rob and very interesting indeed.
Agree with Peetee, how many people wouldn't remember what their top end machine was made off? It's not exactly something you would buy and forget. So I would imagine if he says it's 753 then it should be 753, no?
Saying that though, I am not that well versed on 753 and , or, SBDU use in it.

Jamie

Re:

The Cranes wanted the lightest frames and equipment for the journey so we're measured up by Gerald O' Donavon for 753 frames with extra clearance for fat 35mm tyres.
To save even more weight they ran double chainrings without a front mech or lever, shifting by hand instead... cool weight-weiniees. :cool:

Back