SBDU in disguise?

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
The association between Denton and Ilkeston has been commented on before now and those oversized seatstay caps don't half look familiar!, could be worth a question to the seller to find out more if you're after one for reasonable money :) .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262617129117? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Matt

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Tricky, the way the seat and chain stays end at the rear dropouts look a little wrong as does the fork rake which starts a bit high but as they were individually commissioned could mean nothing.....

Good price though with that kit :)

Shaun

Shaun is spot on about the stay ends. Not right for an SBDU. But Dentons at that time, if this is mid 80s, probably had either Paul Donohue (partnered with Dentons) or Dave Yates building frames. Whatever it is, it's a nice frame from a quality builder :)

Re:

I've been considering making an offer, so messaged the seller for the frame number to help shed some light on it. The number is 830268. My Mercian from that kind of time had 5 digits and it's definitely not SBDU. Not sure if it sheds any light on the other options?

Re:

The seller dropped the price by £50 on this so I thought I'd put in a cheeky offer and see what happens. I was expecting a decline or at least a counter offer. But to my surprise he accepted it. Having managed to get down to seven bikes I now seem to have inadvertently bought another one! Oops.

Re: Re:

GosforthBike":3s2x1ldr said:
Well I tried to strip this down yesterday. Stuck seat post and stem. Going to be a bit trickier than I thought...

Time to get the Coke out :D

Re: Re:

GosforthBike":3ba3zoxq said:
Well I tried to strip this down yesterday. Stuck seat post and stem. Going to be a bit trickier than I thought...

Don't think you should be expecting that at that price and with a seller who clearly knows his bikes. Particularly the seatpost. I'd be complaining if it didn't come out easily...

Re:

To be honest the seller knew nothing about his bikes. Didn't even know that SUP Rims would be Mavic. All he knew us what he could find out by searching eBay for the parts.

Latest posts

Back