Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

5-June-2010 Leith Hill Ride
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=99586

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 am ]
Post subject:  5-June-2010 Leith Hill Ride

Location - Leith Hill, usual car park
(When I find out where that is I will post a location) 24 May 2010 and here it is http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=51 ... 44157&lm=0 (Ignore anythign else you read in this thread this is the start ! )
Goole maps are a little easyer to read http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cli ... 40&iwloc=A

Postcode for the Royal Oak is RH5 6PF for satnav. Cnr Horsham Rd and Felday Glade.

When - Saturday 5th June 10am set off time will depend on when people arive by train and when they can get there but we will be aimng for 10.30ish

Route - 15-20miles ish - Woodsman has prepared a route that he promases to be fantastic.

One of the last weekends before Mayhem, and the fist training ride of the year for 'i belive in fixies' who is riding solo at mayhem this year !!!

Whos coming ?

TheGreenRabbit
Woodsman - Leading the Route
ibeliveinfixies
Wu-tangled
TedC
Fagin
Thel33ter

Plese PM me if you want my mobile for a contact.

Author:  tintin40 [ Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Love Leith hill. Wish i had been in to cycling when i lived there. But shooting was fun to.
I'll be on for this :D

Author:  cchris2lou [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:24 am ]
Post subject: 

surely mayhem is before that ?

I should be in for this one and I knw where car park is and have an idea of where to ride .

Author:  tintin40 [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 am ]
Post subject: 

cchris2lou wrote:

I should be in for this one and I knw where car park is and have an idea of where to ride .

Great some who knows the route. Been a long time chris

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

cchris2lou wrote:

Thanks Chris for pointing that out, and highlighting my incompetence :oops: I had put down the wrong month, now changed to JUNE from July

Author:  tintin40 [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
cchris2lou wrote:

Thanks Chris for pointing that out, and highlighting my incompetence :oops: I had put down the wrong month, now changed to JUNE from July

Why?? So what if MM is before?

Author:  cchris2lou [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

damm I ll be flying back from menorca on that day . :cry:

Author:  Woodsman [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

hmm - I've no idea what I'm doing that day but I know the area quite well - if it works out for me, could possibly help out with a route if you get stuck. What car park, Starveal which is at Leith or the one's near Holmbury?

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

tintin40 wrote:
TheGreenRabbit wrote:
cchris2lou wrote:

Why?? So what if MM is before?

Why not, no relivance to MM just a date thats all, and the 5th of July is a Monday.

Author:  rosstheboss [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm getting married that day! Don't think I'll be able to get the missus to understand!!!

Author:  tintin40 [ Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

rosstheboss wrote:
I'm getting married that day! Don't think I'll be able to get the missus to understand!!!

Go on try her. If she says OK delay a day. Then you will know she is the right woman for you 100% :lol:

Author:  Woodsman [ Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:43 am ]
Post subject: 

Hello Mr Rabbit, I take it you're covered for routes then - no worries! :)

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

rosstheboss wrote:

We could provide a retrobike to get you to the church on time.

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Woodsman wrote:
Hello Mr Rabbit, I take it you're covered for routes then - no worries! :)

No - You offering ?

Author:  Woodsman [ Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm pretty sure I can do a Saturday so yes, if needed I'm offering.

Pete

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:29 am ]
Post subject: 

Woodsman wrote:
I'm pretty sure I can do a Saturday so yes, if needed I'm offering.

Pete

Your needed ! Thank you

Author:  Woodsman [ Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Cool - I haven't ridden 'retro' at Leith, Holmbury et al, should make it even more 'interesting'! :wink:

Author:  Augustus [ Sun May 02, 2010 11:26 am ]
Post subject: 

I'll be there.

Author:  tintin40 [ Sun May 02, 2010 2:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

So this all on then? A small but select group :D

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Sun May 02, 2010 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

tintin40 wrote:
So this all on then? A small but select group :D

Yes its on Quality not quantity !!

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Sun May 02, 2010 4:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wu-Tangled wrote:
I'll be there.

Will Mrs Wu be coming along ?

Author:  Augustus [ Sun May 02, 2010 7:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
Wu-Tangled wrote:
I'll be there.

Will Mrs Wu be coming along ?

Unlikely but possible.

Author:  Tad [ Sun May 02, 2010 8:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Me too, me too, me too!

No wedding to get to, back will be repaired & exams will be over by then too, oh joy!

Author:  rosstheboss [ Sun May 02, 2010 8:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's all bloody going on whilst I'm getting married and on honeymoon - miss another Retrobike ride and today my dad said he could get free corporate hospitality tickets to Download courtesy of Angus Young!!!! Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Author:  Woodsman [ Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

Got a nice route for you guys (and gals - anything's possible!) :) If we park up at Holmbury St Mary, top of the lane which runs side on to the pub(Royal Oak - I think, will check) facing the green. We can take in the singletrack that end, and loop round over to Leith in a figure of eight style. Should give us best part of 20miles.

Pete

Author:  tintin40 [ Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sounds good pete. As long as the first meeting point is near a station then i'm in for this meet. Pain not having a car.
And never know summer may show up :lol:

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Tue May 04, 2010 7:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

tintin40 wrote:
Sounds good pete. As long as the first meeting point is near a station then i'm in for this meet. Pain not having a car.
And never know summer may show up :lol:

2.5ish miles from nearest train station (Gomshall), having a word with the powers that be on the weather, I'll see what we can do.

Author:  Woodsman [ Wed May 05, 2010 12:06 am ]
Post subject: 

Might be worth checking out Ockley station too. :)

Author:  tintin40 [ Wed May 05, 2010 12:18 am ]
Post subject: 

looked on Google maps Gomshall looks best option. (wished i still round that way again) :cry:

Author:  BerthaPog [ Sun May 09, 2010 8:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've wangled an all day pass so can come along.

Think 40+ Lantern Rouge, not polka dots. :-)

Will be good to meet some of the names from the forum. I'll be driving over from Kent, and can chuck the pendle on the back of the car if peeps need picking up from stations etc.

Author:  fagin [ Thu May 20, 2010 12:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Possible me plus 1 (Thel33ter) as well. Know the area quite well on a modern so can help with routes. Thel33ter much more useful though as I get lost a lot.
Doing the 3 Counties charity ride the next day though, so don't want to be too wrecked. Takes an age to recover these days.

Good car parks are at the Youth Hostel - nice long fast downhill Telegraph Road to end with, or the Walking Bottom carpark just outside Peaslake, which means you can end with Barry Knows Best, nice swoopy downhill with berms.

Author:  fagin [ Thu May 20, 2010 12:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Peaslake also most convenient for Gomshall Station.

Author:  tintin40 [ Thu May 20, 2010 12:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just hope summer turns up :roll:

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Thu May 20, 2010 12:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Peaslake Carpark it is then !!

Author:  fagin [ Thu May 20, 2010 1:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

Carpark is just out of Peaslake, past the Hurtwood Inn, just about at the B in Bottom

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=W ... a=N&tab=wl

Author:  Woodsman [ Mon May 24, 2010 1:00 am ]
Post subject: 

Looks like a change of plan has occured - what's happening then, are you doing a route from Peaselake now?

:?:

PS: I'd rather not meet at Peaslake, it's a bit of a honeypot at the weekends, if you are still planning on doing the ride I put forward(?) it gives less options should anyone need to bail part way through for any reason.

Cheers

Pete aka Woodsman

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon May 24, 2010 8:55 am ]
Post subject: 

Woodsman wrote:
Looks like a change of plan has occured - what's happening then, are you doing a route from Peaselake now?

:?:

PS: I'd rather not meet at Peaslake, it's a bit of a honeypot at the weekends, if you are still planning on doing the ride I put forward(?) it gives less options should anyone need to bail part way through for any reason.

Cheers

Pete aka Woodsman

Pete, can you send me the location of the carpark you sugest, and we will make that the start. Jonathan

Author:  tintin40 [ Sat May 29, 2010 11:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

So this is still on?? I have to get back home by 5 so that i can get the 5 47 train towards Mansfield for the Sherwoods pines Sunday meet.

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Sun May 30, 2010 6:45 am ]
Post subject: 

tintin40 wrote:
So this is still on?? I have to get back home by 5 so that i can get the 5 47 train towards Mansfield for the Sherwoods pines Sunday meet.

YES !!!

Author:  tintin40 [ Sun May 30, 2010 11:29 am ]
Post subject: 

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
tintin40 wrote:

YES !!!

:D Great.

Author:  tintin40 [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

After last weekends fun. I'm going to be looking for some where else to live this weekend. So have to pass.

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

tintin40 wrote:
After last weekends fun. I'm going to be looking for some where else to live this weekend. So have to pass.

:cry:

Author:  tintin40 [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
tintin40 wrote:

:cry:

It's called flat sharing :twisted: and getting people by the throat. So better leave before i give the c**t a broken nose 8)

Author:  fagin [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 5-June-2010 Leith Hill Ride

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
Location - Leith Hill, usual car park
(When I find out where that is I will post a location) 24 May 2010 and here it is http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=51 ... 44157&lm=0 Ignore anythign else you read in this thread this is the start !

When - Saturday 5th June 10am set off time will depend on when people arive by train and when they can get there but we will be aimng for 10.30ish

Route - 15-20miles ish - Woodsman has prepared a route that he promases to be fantastic.

One of the last weekends before Mayhem, and the fist training ride of the year for 'i belive in fixies' who is riding solo at mayhem this year !!!

Whos coming ?

TheGreenRabbit
Woodsman
ibeliveinfixies
TinTin40
Wu-tangled
TedC
Fagin
Thel33ter

Should be there. Slightly easier map to read for people who don't know the area.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cli ... 40&iwloc=A

Postcode for the Royal Oak is RH5 6PF for satnav. Cnr Horsham Rd and Felday Glade.

Author:  Woodsman [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have room for one more rider and bike as I pass through Ockley from Horsham. Train to Ockley, ride into village, and I'll collect you from the layby opposite the shop/post office on A29 Stane Street. Post on here if needed.

Pete

Author:  Steve Kish [ Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

I can't make this but my mate Big Chris is dragging me out there tomorrow afternoon.

Pete, can you give some directions of which way the ride is travelling? We don't know the area too well (Swinley lads, don'tcha know!) and can't find anything on line with a suggested route. Thought we'd do this rather than just get lost. :oops:

Cheers

Author:  Woodsman [ Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:09 am ]
Post subject: 

Steve - are you sure you can't make it Sat!? :wink:

It's not that simple as following a published route, the best riding isn't mapped - you should know that. :wink: It's all hard wired between my ears! :wink: the route I have in mind is a figure of eight, that I'll tailor to the group on the day. I intend on heading from Holmbury to Pitch, then over to Leith returning to Holmbury in that figure of eight that I mentioned.

Ok - who's actually going to turn up Saturday, can we have a roll call.?

Author:  fagin [ Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Me and Thel33ter should be there, may not do the whole thing as we have a longish ride on Sunday and I'm old and decrepit.
But we can find our way back if we bail.

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Weather looking good !!

Author:  Augustus [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:51 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm out.

Strained joint in lower back again. Hope to recover for MM.

:(

Author:  Woodsman [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Roll up, roll up - there must be more................................

:)

Author:  Tad [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pete are you riding out from Horsham (or can I blag a lift if you're driving please)?

Missus is visiting her folks at home in Devon so there's no chance of her getting in a strop about me being out on the bike all day :D

Greenrabbit, I'll stick that flex stem in my bag if you still want it.

(Note to self, don't leave anything behind in Greenrabbits car this time, if I can help it.)

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

i believe in fixies wrote:
Pete are you riding out from Horsham (or can I blag a lift if you're driving please)?

Missus is visiting her folks at home in Devon so there's no chance of her getting in a strop about me being out on the bike all day :D

Greenrabbit, I'll stick that flex stem in my bag if you still want it.

(Note to self, don't leave anything behind in Greenrabbits car this time, if I can help it.)

I can pick you up if you want, (Note to I belive in fixies - a bag of used £50 notes would be very nice)

Author:  BerthaPog [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 am ]
Post subject: 

Buggery bugger...work has thrown the proverbial spanner. :-( Even had a full day pass from SO depsite friends coming round for dinner in the evening.

Mucho apologies to those who put the time and effort into organising this.

Author:  Klein-Mad-Chris [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:40 am ]
Post subject: 

Im up for this, along with Steve PSD, whats the roll call looking like?

Author:  Woodsman [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 am ]
Post subject: 

Cool! Looks like about seven definates at the mo...........................the weather may prompt some creaking limbs into last minute action..... :wink:

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:03 am ]
Post subject: 

Wu-Tangled wrote:
I'm out.

Youll be missed and always good to get the excuses in early for mayhem.

what next, you cant ride more than 1 lap at Mayhem because you contracted Ebola from the African Sculpture that you purchased from the QVC Channel.

Author:  Augustus [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

TheGreenRabbit wrote:
what next, you cant ride more than 1 lap at Mayhem because you contracted Ebola from the African Sculpture that you purchased from the QVC Channel.

don't... i was concerned of that after a woman randomly wobbled up to me on a packed train the other day and just threw up like she was possessed. Luckily I rotated her so she aimed at the doors.

:roll:

Author:  Tad [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wu-Tangled wrote:
I'm out.

Shame you can't make it on Saturday, here's hoping your back's sorted for Mayhem, don't forget we're on for a joint lap of gunning it!

Author:  Psychle [ Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hmmmm.... any Londoners driving down tomorrow? Any chance of a lift for a Bow-ti and me? :)