Arundel Ride 28th March - The Aftermath !!!

a fun ride guys, don't know how i never fell off, must have had an agreement with god, good to meet you all, looking forward to some pics :)

was good, thanks to the gods for not making it rain, and ive just washed my bike, so back to nice and clean

My damage today.

The expensive and unpainful one. Think it's respray time:-
DSCF1573.jpg

Fortunately the bars and brake levers seem to be OK.

... and the painful but inexpensive one:-
Swelling gone down a bit, as shown. Should be OK in a few days.
DSCF1580.jpg

Hopefully less mud next time - yay!! :p

I'm sorry I couldn't arrive on time. I'm afraid there was a problem with my connection at Littlehampton, so I had to cycle from there and didn't get to Arundel until ten to eleven, station by five to eleven. Slightly surprised not to find you still there faffing about, but perhaps you've turned over a new leaf faffing-wise?

For future reference, it would be a good idea for whoever is leading to post their mobile number in the invitation thread. I can't have been far behind you, so it should have been easy enough to join up had I been able to make contact and establish where you were.

I did find my way by road to Whiteways Cafe and had an interesting conversation with somebody who said he had just seen a motley crew of seven or eight mountainbikers somewhere near Amberley. That wasn't the interesting bit though. He had a beautiful Enigma road bike, titanium of course, made in Westham outside Eastbourne. Possibly the Echo model, very fat down tube and skinny top tube. His pal had a mere carbon bike and obviously has to put up with being completely in the shade. The welding was very fine indeed, a really beautiful bike. He said they had to move to the bigger premises in Westham because they were so successful with their business. Some of the same people who previously operated as Global.

That was a good ride, glad I made it! Think the turn out was something like 15.
Burger at the Bridge-Inn in Amberley was amazing.

Looking forward to the pics...

Anthony":3n09c7qc said:
He had a beautiful Enigma road bike, titanium of course, made in Westham outside Eastbourne.

Aren't they based in Sussex but made in the far east (like Global - and almost everything else)?

Wu-Tangled":28e8xpve said:
Anthony":28e8xpve said:
He had a beautiful Enigma road bike, titanium of course, made in Westham outside Eastbourne.

Aren't they based in Sussex but made in the far east (like Global - and almost everything else)?

and they used to be called Omega before Enigma .

cchris2lou":29a2cnt3 said:
Wu-Tangled":29a2cnt3 said:
Anthony":29a2cnt3 said:
and they used to be called Omega before Enigma .
I may have misheard that bit then.

They do buy the frames for some models from the far east, but they build ti frames in Westham.

yes I think some of their models are made far east and some are handmande in the uk .

They were on my door step when called Omega and had the chance to ride one of their steel bike .

Back