Chichester Road Ride 20/10

tim75

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello all, did a route at the weekend that I stole out of this book,

http://lostlanes.thebikeshow.net/

Thought it might be a good one for a local area ride.

Plan is to meet at the Wheelwrights Arms pub in Havant at 10.00 on Sunday 20/10, some directions here,

https://www.wheelwrightshavant.co.uk/co ... irections/

Should be about 47 miles and pretty flat, nice riding through country lanes down to the coast where we can refuel with some chips on the beach. There are a couple of sections of canal towpath and farm tracks so might not be the best time to bring out your poshest bike, if you've got anything with slightly wider tyres that might be best. Probably quite easy to do on a single speed as well.

If anyone wants to come but feels 47 miles is too much there is the option of meeting us a bit later at Chichester train station at about 10.45. If you start the loop from there it will be 27 miles and nearly all flat.

Also there is a ferry crossing that we'll have to use to get across the harbour and you'll need £3 cash for that!

Anyone up for it?

Re: Re:

godders":21dv7z82 said:
Will check calendar when I get home ;)

Nice one, I promise I'll try and find somewhere to eat where the burgers have meat in this time.

tim75":1t6l75qn said:
godders":1t6l75qn said:

Nice one, I promise I'll try and find somewhere to eat where the burgers have meat in this time.

Ha ha :) as long as there's cake im happy ;)
Date now checked and im there ! ;)

Chips win for me as well :) :)

godders":luidmnqg said:
tim75":luidmnqg said:
godders":luidmnqg said:

Ha ha :) as long as there's cake im happy ;)
Date now checked and im there ! ;)

Chips win for me as well :) :)

Awesome.

KeepItSteel":sjsab94c said:
Hmm, would MTB with slicks cut it?

Yes definitely, you could meet us at Chichester and it would only be 27 flat miles if you'd prefer that?

Didn't you have a yellow Kona road bike?

godders":38u6etn3 said:
If it keeps.on raining like this all week we will need bloody canoes !! :0

Yeah might not be a bad idea, if not are you going to ride the trusty Dale?

Re:

Was going to bring the Dawes but ive only got skinny 23mm tyres for that so probably not best suited to tow paths etc... may bring the Sunn with a tyre change for something with less knobs on :0 lol
Mick

Back