Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Link to the photos at the bottom of the page

To be honest, I almost cancelled this ride. It's a motivation thing. One or two regulars come out, and to be honest, we may as well text each other an arrange things.
But I did find the motivation, after washing my bike, and went to the meeting place in Shoreham.

I went with a regular riding mate, riding his modern bike (to be honest, just getting people out is hard enough, regardless of bike). Meeting Tim75 and his friend Colin, we set off. Heading north, through Upper Beeding towards Small Dole, before turning east and Edburton and Fulking came and went.

I have to say, this was becoming the fastest retro/modern ride I've been on!

Along to Shaves Thatch, we met up with Godders, sporting his faithful Cannondale bike! :cool:
So, heading north again, through Twineham and just west of Bolney, we got onto the small lanes in the area. The best bit I think, was after Warninglid, where we rode through Mannings Heath, a lovely 'lumpy' road, with some picturesque lakes in it.

Then on our way towards Southwater, we came across a convoy of horse drawn carriages, a lovely sight. Maybe not to lovely for the horses though.
Into Southwater Country Park we went, and time for a bit of lunch. Not been here for years, and barely remembered where it was! :LOL:
Well timed, we were all a bit peckish by this stage.
After which, we headed back south again, Through Dial Post and Ashurst, dropping down into Steyning, where for once I didn't stop! :shock:
Riding down into Shoreham to the finish, it was a nice ride, with some short, sharp climbs and wonderful countryside.
There was a constant threat of rain, but thankfully it came to nothing.
I do this ride on this weekend of the year, to remember a friend of mine and member of RetroBIKE, who sadly lost his life three years ago.

Gone, but not forgotten, R.I.P. Dylan

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HvbSjkiFztLPiJjT8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vfnQXepcwPntib8i6

Mike

Re:

Hi all, was a good ride as always :) must say i did get a bit chilly waiting to meet you all but cool to see the old motorbikes going by, most of them being pre first ww1 i would have thought ! And yes Mike a very quick pace :0 slowed nown a fair bit when i left you all at Ashurst ! Lol i can feel your frustration at getting other riders to come out, maybe to retro side has had its day ? I mean are we actually any slower than most on modern bikes ? I dont think so ? Anyhow it was great to catch up with you and the others, looking foward to the next one :) catch up soon

Mick :)

I look forward to the Retro rides so I'm glad you didn't cancel it, if you stop organising rides what will we do?! Was a bit fast though this one, might have to find a way to slow Ben down a bit!

Well done for taking some photos, I'll try and organise an mtb ride soon before it gets muddy.

Back