Swinley ride, 12 May 2018

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Last minute for sure, but events have conspired that I'll be heading to Swinley this Saturday for a lap or 2 of the blue/red combo. Trains permitting I'll be there for just after 10:00am so if you're around and fancy a ride around then it'd be cool to see you. For anyone heading out from Waterloo to Martins Heron, there are no engineering works.

I'm going to bring the team Explosif this time...but I'm subject to change :LOL:

Manomano a few weeks back about two thirds into the red route :cool:

d3jpHM.jpg

I'd love to Al, I like riding at Swinley but I'm off to Wales this weekend so can't make it sorry.

Re:

Heads up to anyone going to Swinley in the next few weeks: R2 to 5 are closed, presumably for maintenance and have been for a while but they've also closed all the labyrinth too. So don't go up the steep climb, bare left, then take the first right to join back up.

I will be hiding from all the Royal wedding b****t here. Should be safe from it.

Re:

There were signs up past Swinley today for the wedding, so they're certainly expecting the unwashed masses to travel past it.

The forestry closures are quite extensive. Also, it is heavily worn - like riding on cobbles for most of it!

SP

It's worn, but really only in the very first and very last blue section, as you'd expect. I didn't think the labyrinth was that bad, in fact I thought it was better than a few years back. But of course, all trails need looking after and it's better to do it now than the peak season.

i don't ride the labyrinth. Just a nightmare if left right. Not enjoyable. Otherwise the routes are good if poor signs. Don't normally ride at the weekend as to many people.

tintin40":bmjzx5ti said:
i don't ride the labyrinth. Just a nightmare if left right. .

:shock: Interesting, for me, that and the bit before are the highlights. Flowly, testing, narrow - all good fun :D

all the routes are open now. So fast out there. Think the bike was trying its best to kill me. Not too busy either.

Back