First Ride since diagnosis

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
So...Bank Hol Sunday was lovely and hot here. To good to miss out on, the bike was calling. But its been awhile, as i have been diagnosed with igG4, presenting as Retropereneal Fibrosis, and have had to have a stent fitted between my bladder and right kidney to allow drainage. This causes pain and bleeding. It was changed last week, and....no pain, so i took a chance and had a ride.

The town was quiet as i rode south west to the seafront. travelling east i wondered if i could find a theme for this ride. Inspiration hit as i passed the Canadian war memorial.

There are four memorials along the sea front. So off i went again, to the Steyne were there is one to the South African (Boer) war.

The next one just took me off the sea front, into Beach Park, where there is a memorial to the Birds who lost their lives in the service of this country.

I returned to the sea front and carried on eastwards, meeting a couple of civilized cyclists, she on a '54 Elswick Hopper, and him on a Finnish army bike in disguise.

I pushed on to Lancing, where there is a decorated shelter.....

Half a mile further and time for an ice cream. I returned along the sea front, and thought that as i had four memorials, it would be rude not to visit the one in the town on the way home.

All in all, a nice gentle ride of about ten miles, in the sun, pain free. It was beer 'o' clock when i got home.

Back