Bedgebury 17 February

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
I'm heading over for a few laps this Saturday so if anyone's about and fancys a natter let me know or shout as I fall off.

Re: Penshurst 07 October

Can't make it but is Penshurst Kent? Whats the terrain like? ie/ is it a trail centre and if so does it cater for more XC type riding rather than the massive jumps/berms that a lot do now?

Re: Bedgebury 07 October

I'd like to have come along to this as I've never been there but bit short notice for me, can't make tomorrow.

Re:

Mini-bump, weather permitting I'm planning on going down to Bedgebury this Saturday, 17 February. If you're around and fancy a LOL, look out for me on the Caldera ;)

Hi Al, sorry I thought I'd already replied to this, can't make it tomorrow, have a good ride.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":zexdk8s4 said:
That was a hoot and very rideable even with the squelchy bits. And what a beautiful day too.

Any picturs? :)

Pic's here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=337664&start=180

As mentioned on the thread, the trails were perfectly rideable. There were a couple of gloopy moments and of course it was wet throughout, but with the hard pack underneath you could keep up a decent pace without feeling like you were cycling through syrup. With the weather being particularly kind, the centre was busy but mercifully quiet in the forest.

Which was handy since nobody witnessed me falling off on the very first drop at the start of the red run. I didn't commit enough, touched the front brake slightly on the rocks and it was game over instantly :LOL: :facepalm: My knee is proper nacked but it didn't stop the rest of the ride. Two laps of goodness and some nice cake too - can't complain!

Back