Oxleas Wood SE18

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Hey all. Has anyone biked in Oxleas Wood recently, say in the last 18 months? Are there any decent trails to hit up?

If so, so recommendations would be appreciated even if it's "don't bother" (as it'll save me a waster re-con).

Ok, long time bump for this. Turns out the trails around there aren't too bad at all. For a suburban ride, from HQ to the tower, I had far more off-road than road which is a win. Following the Green Chain, you can mess about in Eltham Park (North and South), Shepherdleas, Oxleas itself, Jack and Castle woods. Plenty to keep you occupied for an hour or so, more-so if you do a few loops.

Combine it with the section before and my local parts around Chislehurst then there's enough for day's worth of simple riding.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/walking/oxleas ... mottingham

This could form the basis of a suburban retro ride. Is anyone interested in doing one if I organised it?

Jqf91b.jpg

It's a bit far from my neck of the woods but sounds like an interesting ride so it would be a possible from me.

Nice one. Let's see if there's any other interest. If you head this way, feel free to drop me a line.

Re:

I’d be in, being Greenwich-based. Just had bikes and tools nicked and my (rented) garage about to be demolished. But assuming I find a workaround to maintain the hobby I should be good... ;)

Back