MTB ride alert ! 23rd July

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Starting and finishing in Hove, a loop of the local bridleways.
Including a lunch or cafe stop, depending on what we fancy.

Strictly, NO HELMET, NO RIDE!

10am start, 11ses if we fancy at Saddlescombe or Stanmer Park with an optional pub for lunch.

Mike

Re:

Ok

Now edited original post, so maybe take that into consideration

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3n1fkd5y said:
Ok

Mike

well if's thats how your going to be then i'll find better company to ride. :roll: Plus if public rights of way then nothing to stop me riding the routes if i want.

The History Man":7vp040bo said:

Boring. I'm over 16. This in danger of going off topic. When I tell you what to do then you have the right to tell me.
So are they going to block users of this site if they don't ride wearing a helmet? It's not in the law to have to ride with one.

Re:

You are over 16. So you can ride how you want, when you want. But not on one of my rides.
Back in the mid '90s, I ended up in the back of an ambulance on the way to the Royal Sussex with a friend who had crashed whilst riding with us. He'd not been wearing a helmet, and suffered a trauma to his head. That was on a road bike training ride.
He's never recovered.
I'm not risking going through that again, and with the increased risk off road, there's no way I will allow it.

No offence, but if you want to ride without one, then go ahead. But don't expect to join in on a ride I organise.

Mike

Mike Muz 67":2d5k8irc said:
You are over 16. So you can ride how you want, when you want. But not on one of my rides.
Back in the mid '90s, I ended up in the back of an ambulance on the way to the Royal Sussex with a friend who had crashed whilst riding with us. He'd not been wearing a helmet, and suffered a trauma to his head. That was on a road bike training ride.
He's never recovered.
I'm not risking going through that again, and with the increased risk off road, there's no way I will allow it.

No offence, but if you want to ride without one, then go ahead. But don't expect to join in on a ride I organise.

Mike

Boring. And getting off topic

Mike Muz 67":3m9li3t5 said:
He's never recovered.

Mike

Here here Mike.

The helmet (smirk) argument is dated and ridiculous.

tintin40":c3gr4uyl said:
Mike Muz 67":c3gr4uyl said:
Ok

Mike

well if's thats how your going to be then i'll find better company to ride. :roll: Plus if public rights of way then nothing to stop me riding the routes if i want.

I think that's a pretty bad attitude to take when someone is offering to give you a guided ride for free. You are right there's nothing to stop you riding the routes on your own so maybe you should do that. Mike is organising the ride and is only being responsible and looking out for everyones welfare, if you want to join in a free guided ride then it's only fair that you should adhere to the guidelines that are stated by the leader of the ride.

Back