sad face.

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
right gents,

I'm all too aware that this area has been struggling with AEC input and whilst I can't comment on Green Rabbit, there's a lot going on in Casa Del Maxwell, so it's with a sensible but heavy heart that i'm going to ask you lot if there's any one that would like to step and be Deputy AEC in my place?

Re:

Sorry to hear that you have been struggling with things mate. Difficult time of year anyway, you know what I mean.
Are you sure about this?
Have you heard from GR?

Mike

you yourself said Mike in one of the threads that there'd been no input from either myself or Jon regarding one of the rides that was being organised.

Its difficult for me to hear things like that because it's true! I'm happy to stay on if people want me to, i'm just very conscious that i'm not really contributing and that if there's someone that thinks they can, they should..

Re:

As Mike has said Max, so sorry to hear things are difficult at the moment, all I can say is do what feels right for you and the family as they and your good self are the priority
You have my number if you want to chat anytime.
Mick x

Re:

I'd like to take up the opportunity if you're sure about not wanting to continue , but it really depends on what other locals think.

Mike

I'm not local but Mike would make a great AEC with all the rides he puts together an obvious choice.
It would then be up to you locals to support him

kingbling":2vb8kozx said:
I'm not local but Mike would make a great AEC with all the rides he puts together an obvious choice.
It would then be up to you locals to support him

I would second that. I wasn't sure this thread was the right place to nominate potential successors, but since it's going that way I think Mike would be great at the job.

Cheers,
Andrew

Re:

I would go with Mike as well if he's willing to take it on, and I'm more than happy to help out when and where I can.

Mick

Re:

@ bobcatmax, sorry to hear you've been having a rough time of it, I hope things improve. It seems there is a bit of a RetroBIKE shake-up going on at the moment, judging by this thread and a few others. Rides definitely have dropped off so if Mike is willing to take it on then good on him.

I potentially could lead a road or MTB ride around here (North Downs) or Chilterns. However before I stick my hand up I'd like to know more about insurance, liability etc. as drystonepaul has mentioned in one of his recent threads, this is important.

I think we should aim in an area group for one ride per season, if this was 2x mtb and 2x road that'd be an attainable target. Mike's regional road ride in August is a good start so an MTB event in autumn should in my opinion be the next one. I was training hard the first half of this year virtually every weekend so did little on the retro scene, but now have retro road bike as well as mtb so can participate in different events :D I'm sorry I missed the May Bank holiday rides.

SP

Back