Surrey Hills?

Whatmot1

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all. I'm based in Kent for the next 8 months and want to explore potential riding while I'm down here. I regularly ride Bedgebury, Swinley is on my list but I also want to explore the Surrey Hills. Does anyone regularly ride that area and could possibly be a 'guide' for a morning/day on a Saturday or Sunday?

Re:

Ridden around there twice on the National RB Rides and I have to say it was awesome one of the best venues on the calendar.

Sadly I live 130 miles away :shock:

I'm in Rainham ;) Not been out for a few weeks what with work and family stuff but need to get out soon. Drop me a PM sometime and we'll meet up.

I'll dig out a list of people that might be able to help.

off the top of my head:

grd
Uncle Monty
Woodsman

Normally have a small group out there most weekends. You're welcome to join, informal, and social rides normally.

We have a FB page, might be worth keeping an eye on it, or just post a time and see who responds.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/londoncallingmtb/

Basically most people have modern stuff, but I use an old Explosif quite often, and a relatively old Azonic regularly.

if you are on facebook , look for the Gravesend Grunts , lots of weekly rides in medway , other places in kent , surrey hills , wales etc ...

Re:

Currently a drivetrain and rim-wrecking quagmire and it has been since Christmas in Surrey. I did one race in January, had to replace a load of bearings and a free hub and haven't ridden more than an a couple of hours off road since :oops: I've been out on the road bike though with all the other M.A.M.I.L.s in the Surrey hills; can we have some dry weather, please so I can get my retros out?

SP

Er we ride mountain bikes, and mud is part of the deal.

Yesterday was a lovely day to ride, last weekend was pretty good, as was the one before, and the one before, etc.

Unless it's pissing down, they all are.

Back