Mike's B.B.C. ride, AFTERMATH !

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Is there really a better way to start the day, than this?

Shortly after starting my cake-rush, along came Godders on his 'Dale, swiftly - metaphorically speaking - followed by Kampos, on his sensibly-tyred :roll: Kona Hei Hei.
Then Andyz rolled up, all the way from Kent, on his lovely Overburys, with Kingbling down from deepest Surrey, with his old Ridgeback.
Then came Tim ( sorry, I forgot your user name :facepalm: ) on his lovely bright MF Courier comp, along with his friend Colin, I think! :facepalm: What's happening to me? I can't even remember names now :( :oops: Apologies if I got that wrong ;)

And we were set for the off!

Well some of us were! :LOL:

So, up over the top of the hill, followed by a nice freewheel down the other side, followed by a gentle road climb. Then it was off road for most of the ride.
There were some ahem, gentle slopes, where for some inexplicable reason, Dave thought he could hail a taxi from :?

Much to the amusement of the lads from Hants! :LOL:

Feeling left out, I had to take a piccy of Godders :roll:

Getting the KOM prize this time!

Before we climbed gently up to the South Downs Way. I don't think Kampos moaned on this gradient! Or maybe my part deafness played a small part! :LOL:
And along we trundled,

The Magnificent Seven looking resplendent in Retroness, as we moved majestically towards the next stop for breath/ puncture mending competition ! :facepalm:

They also wanted to compare sizes :shock: :oops:

Although quite why, escapes me! :LOL:

In an effort to avoid a shocking/shaking piece of fast but bone-jarring bridleway, I opted for another. Unfortunately this had just been cut back. :facepalm:
Punctures mended, I thought it a good time for a group bike photo !

Before we managed another 100 metres, when I realized my back end was a bit squishy! :oops: :shock: So , another flat mended, we carried on, knowing that with every pedal stroke, we were heading closer to cake again! :p
Not that it stopped kingbling trying to take potshots at me with his imaginary rifle :roll:

It was only a small climb ;) :LOL:

Then down through a lovely dry section of Angmering Park Estate,

And back to the cafe, for more refreshments!

I personally enjoyed the ride, in gorgeous weather for this time of year, with some great lads, cool bikes, and the cake wasn't too shabby either!
Hope you all, especially those who had travelled a fair distance to get here, enjoyed the ride ;)

Mike

Looked like a good ride.Have you got a hot line to God as you always seem to have good weather Mike.

dorset boy":1tl71hv0 said:
Looked like a good ride.Have you got a hot line to God as you always seem to have good weather Mike.

Yes, I was nervous in the week leading up to the ride, as the weather forecast was a bit will it, won't it.
I wanted to do this ride soon after the other one, as it had been good for a while. So it was welcomed by all I think.

Mike

Well this was my first MTB retro ride and have to say a big thanks to Mike for putting it together and for chasing me down after I missed a turn (Doh!) Thanks to all who turned up and knew more about my bike than I did plus it was great to see all your lovely bikes. Having had a taste of what it was like to ride a MTB back in the day it really makes me appreciate my modern stumpy with suspension disc brakes dropper post and low enough gears to climb Everest. Also big thank you to Mother Nature for an absolute glorious day.
Happy days will be back for more.

Re:

Lovely weather, great ride and great company! Considering we've had rain every day this week (where I live anyway) it was glorious, and surprisingly dry. Never ridden in that area so very worthwhile in my opinion. :D Many thanks for organising!

Re:

Well done Mike on another great ride :) I've probably covered a good bit of the route over the years but that was really well put together, good one mate :D even the "steep" climb wasen't as bad as the one I was expecting !! And perfect conditions again :cool: hopefully it will last for a while yet ! Really enjoyed the day, a ride id be happy to do again any time :) great to see new faces as well and hopefully it will lead to rides in other areas as well ;) an enjoyable day with like minded folk, cheers guys, hope to see you again some time :D

Mick :)

Re:

I clearly don't ride enough ! :oops: Would like to both thank everyone and also apologise for my godawful performance whenever the trail went uphill ; sincerely thank you all for waiting/not stabbing me with a screwdriver and leaving me to rot or be eaten by the magic teleporting brown dog :shock: Great to meet some new riders today ; nothing wrong at all with the guys I already knew ; but the more the merrier eh :D Grat's also to Mike for posting that pic of me indicating that .1.. is my favourite climbing gear ;) ; and of course a big thanks to him for organising the ride -- I'm gonna just go ahead and say I think the SE area is in need of more active leadership and I think Mike would be a great choice. Happy to say in closing that I didn't hurl ; but it was close a couple of times :facepalm:
P.S. Forgot your username ; but PM me about that Mavic spoke key
P.P.S Interested in the possible Syncros wheels kingbling
P.P.P.S DO remind Roger S. about that once-implied favour (Also forgot username/not calling your company out in public ;) )

Thanks for taking photos Mike, it's always good to have some pics of a ride, and well done for organising it all. Good weather, good day and great ride!

Back