Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Bikes, Bridleways, and Cake ride,

Starting and finishing at Highdown tea room, Ferring.
Anyone here familiar with that? ;)

Route to be confirmed this weekend. Date also to follow

Mike

Title edited for clarity :roll:

Re:

Huh ?? :-/ never was much good at french.....and being fairly new to all this roadie stuff you may have to explain Mike......in english :$ ooops

Mick ;-)

Re:

An mtb ride, off-road my dear chap . Plenty of free parking at start/finish with BIG cake portions at the cafe. As you'll be driving, you can only get to it heading east. Taking in Angmering Park Estate, South Downs Way, Monarchs Way and MAYBE Whiteways.

Mike

Re:

Looks like good weather for checking out the route this weekend :cool:

At work this morning though :(

Spraying a Saracen :D

Mike

Re:

Signing up ; assuming it will be a Sunday. Also reserving the right to grumble ; scream ; and maybe hurl when the climbing starts.

Re:

Now confirmed date and time.

10.30 RIDE START! I'll be there earlier probly, to get cake and tea quota up to sufficient levels to risk chundering! :shock:

Start as mentioned in the first post. The north end of Highdown Rise, Ferring, for those with sat-nav. This road is a turning off a dual carriageway. Only approachable from the A259, heading east. Unless you're on a boike. Then there is a crossing in the central reservation, nice!
About 1 mile north of Goring-by-sea train station, for those travelling by train.

Be there, for some proper mtb fun!
If weather turns particularly bad beforehand, I'll add post Saturday afternoon, to gauge interest.

Gonna make this one Johnathon?

Mike

Re:

Looks good Mike ; got a rough idea of intended mileage? It's easier to "sell" a ride to others if I can name a figure like that. Also ; depending on numbers/attendance it might be train or van ; is there parking near the tea shop? Cheers ; Dave

Re:

Yep im there :)
Come on people it will be another good ride ! Weathers looking good for the week as well B-)
Mick :)

Back