Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

DA-EVO
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=331921

Author:  bryan555 [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:35 pm ]
Post subject:  DA-EVO

I'm very sad to share the news that Dylan Archer, known here as DA-EVO, has been named as one of the cyclists Who died in the Shoreham Air Show crash.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum who will miss Dylan's dry wit, generosity and friendship.

The BBC is running the story here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-34101625

Author:  legrandefromage [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DA-EVO

:(

Author:  Dawn Treader [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:23 pm ]

Can't believe it. That is dreadful, I didn't know cycists had been there until now.

Author:  godders [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re:

I belive nothing had been posted here until Dylan's name had been released officially...very sad and extremely upsetting for all those that knew him.
Only a few weeks ago i spent a day in his and Mike's company on a ride through the back lanes of sussex.
Condolences to his family and friends, you will be sorely missed.

Mick

Author:  Mike Muz 67 [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:53 pm ]

I have ridden with Dylan more than I've ridden with anyone else over the last couple of years.
It was hard enough to believe what happened last Saturday, but when it happens to someone so close, it makes it that much harder to comprehend that we shall no longer be meeting up to do some biking.

If there is a Heaven, I'll meet you up there mate, and the cafe stop will be my shout this time!

My thoughts are with his family and other friends :cry:

I also knew Richard, with whom he was riding at the time. A good man, always friendly. My thoughts are also with his family and friends.

Mike

Author:  bryan555 [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:03 pm ]

Great photo. I miss him.

Author:  godders [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 pm ]

A great day out, and even after polishing of a large burger and chips ! He still managed to kick my arse on the climb from sedelscombe to the Dyke road ;-)

Author:  Mike Muz 67 [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

godders wrote:
A great day out, and even after polishing of a large burger and chips ! He still managed to kick my arse on the climb from sedelscombe to the Dyke road ;-)

He distracted me into falling off at one point if you remember Mick! :lol:

Mike

Author:  twain [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:17 pm ]

Just found this out and I can't believe it. Had some small dealings with this man and met a couple of times being a local chap. Being a witness to the incident, although from a distance, really brings it so much closer to home. I believe he's a family man too. Still in shock by this and can only hope the family can get through this. He was a pure gent and I'm glad I knew him, even for the brief moments that I met him.

Author:  godders [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:20 pm ]

Oh yeh ! Nearly had to pick you out of the undergrowth :-D
Good to remember ;-)

Author:  Mike Muz 67 [ Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Re:

twain wrote:
Just found this out and I can't believe it. Had some small dealings with this man and met a couple of times being a local chap. Being a witness to the incident, although from a distance, really brings it so much closer to home. I believe he's a family man too. Still in shock by this and can only hope the family can get through this. He was a pure gent and I'm glad I knew him, even for the brief moments that I met him.

He has left a wife and two sons. My thoughts are with them.

As well as the good times we had together. Should be thankful for those, but it's not easy right now.

Mike

Author:  John [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:43 am ]

Genuinely saddened to hear this news. RIP Dylan.

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:58 am ]

Thanks for posting up about this Bryan, i tried to last night but couldn't find the words.

Dylan and I popped our Audax cherries together, and had more than a few more planned. so so sad.

I'll miss you D, and so will the Tennis Racquet

Author:  ededwards [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:18 am ]

Very sad news.

Author:  Chess [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:48 am ]

A nice guy, very sad news.

Author:  rosstheboss [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:03 am ]

I only met him a few times out and about but he was always very friendly, a thoroughly nice guy, which has been echoed by other friends of mine that knew him outside of Retrobike. Such a shame for his family, God bless you Dylan x

Author:  shinobi [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 pm ]

This tragic accident comes even closer to home hearing this sad news .

I have known Dylan for a few years as a customer with his Mitsubishi Evo , as the IT man who listens patiently to our work IT problems and as a fellow retro biker and forum member .

It seems such a short time ago he turned up at work on his new fat bike urging me to " just ride into that kerb " !

My thoughts go out to the family of this quiet , kind and ever generous man .

keep hitting those hills mate , Paul

Author:  NeilM [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:08 pm ]

My deepest condolences to his family.

I met and rode with Mike and Dylan at HONC 2014 and we have stayed in touch and followed one another on strava ever since.

A tragic loss, especially given the circumstances, five minute earlier or later and he'd still be with us.

Ride Safe Dylan, wherever you are.

Author:  cyclinggardener [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:12 pm ]

I can't believe this. I passed Dylan near Carats Cafe not long before it happened that day, having just cycled through where the plane came down myself.

And I only saw him the week before at the Big Dog after party on his fat bike. I didn't know him well but it was always good to see him.

Such a nice bloke. So sad.

Rest in peace.

Author:  Mike Muz 67 [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:20 pm ]

I only saw him briefly at that race, in between laps. Did look around for him after it but without any luck. Wish I'd gone to that party now.
Still doesn't seem real if I'm honest.
Or for that matter, the loss of Richard another friend who he was riding with

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:31 pm ]

Not a lot to add to what has already been said, you will be missed.

Author:  TheGreenRabbit [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm ]

From Ride with a view - On Saturday 12th September we will be riding in memory of Richard and Dylan,everybody welcome. There will be a few stops along the way and we will either start or finish at what was the VeloCafe at the level. Everybody welcome.

Author:  The History Man [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:41 pm ]

That's tragic. Thoughts and condolences to family and friends. Truly shocked.

Author:  Danno [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:38 pm ]

Very sad news. Just read this in The Argus. We went on a few rides together and shared the odd pint after. A thoroughly nice guy.. I remember he had an all titanium MTB.

Rest in Peace old bean.

Author:  chrisv40 [ Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:43 pm ]

I've never had the pleasure of meeting him unfortunately but my deepest condolences to all his family and friends, also to everyone who lost a loved one in that terrible accident.

Author:  thesneaker [ Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:19 pm ]

This is shocking news, RIP Dylan & Richard.

Author:  Gravy Monster [ Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:26 pm ]

so very sad indeed , thoughts go out to Dylan's family and friends :( :( :(

Author:  widowmaker [ Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:30 pm ]

Tragic news indeed :(

Makes you realise how precious life is !

Author:  firedfromthecircus [ Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:40 pm ]

Too sad!

My sympathies are with his wife and kids.

Author:  BerthaPog [ Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:20 pm ]

Met Dylan a number of times when I used to be a SE person, he came along to a number of the rides I organised at Bedgebury. Thoroughly decent chap. Thoughts to his family and those who knew him better than I.

Author:  Pyro Tim [ Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:45 pm ]

Very sad indeed. I was at the Bournemouth airshow that weekend, and there was a well observed pause to mark the tragic loss. At the time I didn't realise how close to home it was.

My condolences to Dylan's family and friends

Author:  grd [ Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:18 pm ]

Rode with him on several occasions. Great guy. Will be missed. Riding free and in peace forever now.

Author:  Piperdave [ Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:40 pm ]

Only just found out this sad news. I only rode with him a couple of times, but found him to be welcoming and gentle. He also helped with parts for a project of mine. Thoughts today with his family, and with those of us who will miss him.

Dave

Author:  Adruzzz [ Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:26 pm ]

That's really sad, I didn't know the fella, but my thoughts go to his Family.. :cry:

Author:  grumpycommuter [ Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:26 am ]

Met him once when he came up to the midlands on a retroroad ride. It happened to be on his old stomping ground and was really chuffed. Lovely fella, such sad news.

Author:  CTK [ Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:28 am ]

Tragic, so sad for his wife and kids, my thoughts are with them.

Author:  dyson [ Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:09 pm ]

What a tragic event. So sad to hear this news and condolences to his family and friends.

Author:  andyz [ Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:12 pm ]

Only rode with him once, at Surrey Hills, what a nice guy.

A really sad tragedy, my thoughts are with his wife and 2 boys.

Author:  roadking [ Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:38 pm ]

Just heard this sad news: rest in peace Dylan.

Jon (aka Roadking).

Author:  player [ Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:50 pm ]

Very tragic. RIP Dylan.

Author:  Jamiedyer [ Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:05 pm ]

Very tragic news. RIP
Thoughts go to his wife and family.

Jamie

Author:  dyna-ti [ Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:17 pm ]

Very very sad to hear :cry: I am sad for his friends and family.

Author:  hurin76 [ Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:58 am ]

just realized it was Dylan who passed at the air crash, I am very sad to hear of this tragic news, I only met him a few times and had quite a few dealings with him on the forum, he was a lovely guy who had a real passion for cycling. my condolences go to his family.

Author:  M-Power [ Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:30 am ]

Unbelievably sad. Never met him but liked his dry wit posts. Life is too short. RIP

Author:  neebsta [ Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:39 am ]

Some lovely tributes, I didn't know him but Dylan will clearly be greatly missed. RIP Dylan with sincere condolences to family and friends.

Author:  KeepItSteel [ Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:57 pm ]

Oh my, I just caught up on this news. I arrived on the South Downs just as the plume from the crash went up, was an eerie afternoon as the Vulcan passed overhead a bit later on.
So sad that so many innocent members of public died that day - but to read of Dylan's death really brings it home. So so sad. Hope you're looking over us on our cycling adventures Dylan, will spare many thoughts for you.

Author:  coomber [ Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:57 am ]

Just caught up with this as dont venture on the front retrobike page much. Really sad. Thoughts with his family.

Author:  girlonbike [ Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:50 pm ]

unbelievable! What a terrible tragedy. Our thoughts to his family and friends and the entire retrobike community. :cry:

Author:  Ian Raleigh [ Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:33 pm ]

Such a sad loss for everyone.

Author:  ratcapa [ Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:13 pm ]

Well I know this comes late but ive only just seen this thread. My condolences go out to the families. I met Dylan a couple of times, he bought my blue Mountain Goat WTR off me. Just looking through my inbox and found this quote in one of his messages to me " (STILL not ridden it yet!). I had the small matter of admitting to its existence yesterday :D" Hope this went well and you got to ride it pal. Very sad news, RIP.

Author:  Kitmech [ Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:43 am ]

So sad to read this met him twice on rides, genuine alround nice guy.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

Author:  jaypee [ Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:45 pm ]

I've only just come across this, what terrible news. Dylan bought my Orange C16R from me and we said we should ride together but never did get round to it. Seemed like a really good guy. I certainly remember being impressed when he turned up on a ti bike - a Van Nicholas I think. Reading through here it sounds like he had impeccable high-end tastes! (But could also appreciate knocking about on a 95 C16R - I remember him saying he'd never tried an Orange).
Thoughts to his family (has anyone shown them this thread?)
RIP dude

Author:  Ollie [ Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:24 pm ]

Due to being offline for a while I have just heard the terrible news, absolutely devastating, thoughts to all his family and friends.

Author:  Mike Muz 67 [ Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:30 pm ]

We are meeting up for a ride in August, a year on from this terrible tragedy.

I shan't say what my feelings are towards the pilot, considering what's been revealed lately

I'd almost certainly be banned

Mike

Author:  rjsdavis [ Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:17 pm ]

That's very sad news and how desperately unlucky to be involved in the disaster. Until I read this just now, I didn't know any cyclists at all had been involved in the accident.

RIP.

Author:  Mike Muz 67 [ Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:24 pm ]

One year on, still struggling to believe he is no longer around.

My thoughts are with all eleven families who have lost a loved one

One minute's silence at 13.22 today, which I will be observing.

Gone, but will never be forgotten my me :cry:

Mike

Author:  BobCatMax [ Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:40 pm ]

I was in tears on the bridge this morning Mike. You're not alone in that struggle :(

Author:  Mike Muz 67 [ Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:22 pm ]

Rode across it, drove along A27 past the scene earlier.will drive past later, before riding over again tonight.
Not easy is it mate

Author:  kingbling [ Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:49 pm ]

I feel for you guys, there are no words I can say which makes its easier, my thoughts are with you, your friend all the others involved and their families.

RIP

Author:  Muddy paw [ Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:17 pm ]

I've only just found out about this sad news 12months on as i was involved in my eldest lads wedding this time last year .

It is very very sad indeed to lose a family member in such an incident and i can only hope that family and friends are managing okay 12 months on and are reflecting on happy times they have shared together over the years and i can only send his family my deepest sympathy and best wishes at this moment in time ..

RIP Dylan ..

Author:  andyz [ Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:22 pm ]

Seeing the plaque on the bridge brings the reality of it straight to you. It looked very busy there today, I'm glad we could contemplate in peace yesterday. RIP mate.

Author:  godders [ Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:56 pm ]

Quite an emotional moment on the bridge Sunday, bought the events of a year ago flooding back, had ridden down with a mate to watch the air show....we stood on the crossing by the Sussex pad Pub for twenty minutes or so deciding if we going into the airfield or find a spot out side to view from, we were at the south end of the airfield as the horrific events unfolded in front of us, a vision that will stay with me forever. At the time we had no idea that so many had lost there lives and the one of those was Dlyan, my thought are with his family and friends and to Mike and Max who had been good friends with Dlyan long before I had known him.

Mick