Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hello folks,

I trust you all had a good Easter ? ;)

I am currently working on a route for us to get together and blow the dust off our old retro road steeds. Probably starting at Hove seafront, and finishing in Brighton, at the Velo cafe.
I'm guessing it's around 50 miles, and will ride it first so I can be more accurate with that estimate.
Does anyone know of any cafes or food stops around the Warninglid / Bolney area where we can refuel and/or marvel at one another's bikes?

Thanks,

Stay tuned ;)

Mike

Re:

Stans Bike shack at Partridge Green if that's any good to you? It's pretty nice there.

Re:

That's the only one obvious I know. Wad hoping to go clockwise and finish up going over the beacon.
Oh well, may have to go the other way and over the Bostal instead

Mike

Re:

Not sure until I try ir out. Around 4hrs at a guess. As it's rolling, quiet country roads it won't be fast
Having a 'challenging' climb at the end will also be a factor.
I'll ride the route soon so I can be more precise about distance too

Mike

Re:

Another good refuel stop is Sumner Ponds at Barns Green although it may be a little too far north for this ride

Re: Re:

grd":liacosz2 said:
Another good refuel stop is Sumner Ponds at Barns Green although it may be a little too far north for this ride

Nice idea mate, but maybe a bit too far out for some. I'll see how long the route in my head turns out to be.
I'll have to stick the Cateye on the bike to find that one out! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Hi Mick

I've got the start, route and lunch worked out now.
Just need to ride it soon to confirm distance, rough timings etc.

Mike

Back