Brighton, downs and seafront loop - Saturday 12th July

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi All,

Please re-read this post, it has been updated.

I have been doing a few routes around Brighton and the downs recently and have something planned that will be as follows:

* Suitable for Cyclo-cross / rigid MTB with skinny tyres / Road bike you aren't fussed about scratching (the road bike should have sturdy tyres with decent grip).
* 35-40 miles length.
* Takes in roads, cycle paths, South Downs type tracks, some single track but nothing too rough or technical. The ride will hit the hills.
* There will be a few stops for lunch and refreshments.
* The run crests a few of the South Downs high points and will not have much 'flat' to it - recommended for those who enjoy climbing.

Set for Saturday 12th July. 9.30am start from Hove Seafront, Hove Street (nr King Alfred) ends at Velo Cafe.

I have plotted and ridden most of the route now, but don't have a map. Suffice to say, its hilly and will take a good few hours.

Riders must wear a helmet. I will do the guiding of the route, please be aware that your safety is your responsibility.
Retro or modern, up to you.

Re:

I'll 'av summa that , me ol' muka ;)

Er , I mean , I would like to partake in the aforementioned cycle event please .
Regards ,

Mr Muz

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3v9ygx1u said:
I'll 'av summa that , me ol' muka ;)

Er , I mean , I would like to partake in the aforementioned cycle event please .
Regards ,

Mr Muz

We did most of it a few weeks back!

Re: Brighton, downs and seafront loop - anyone interested?

Maybe not one for the Jackson then !

Re:

Single speed retro-ish thing with cyclocross tyres on it ? I'm a bit precious about it, so I won't ride it if it is or has been wet. I can always push the thing up the steep bits. Oh and its only got a front brake and not a very good one at that.

Totally unsuitable for the route you have in mind or a possibility?

Chris.

Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":okswscva said:
Single speed retro-ish thing with cyclocross tyres on it ? I'm a bit precious about it, so I won't ride it if it is or has been wet. I can always push the thing up the steep bits. Oh and its only got a front brake and not a very good one at that.

Totally unsuitable for the route you have in mind or a possibility?

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Well its up to you of course but I guess, for example, if you wouldn't have done the Midlands run on it, were it raining that day, theres no way I'd be putting it on a gravel tracks, chalk tracks, farm tracks and so on with them possibly being wet here and there. Hope that makes sense?

Bring the MTB?

p.s. you can't walk on the hill-climb section? its cheating ;)

Re:

Hi Chris ,

If it's the ride I'm thinking , an mtb would definately be better ;)

Mike

Re: Brighton, downs and seafront loop - anyone interested?

signing in. will be on modern CX bike

Back