LA-Brightogne-LA, The spring cake classic - 16th March 2014

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This year sees the inaugural Retrobike SE division LA-Brightogne-LA spring cake classic, a 40 (ish) mile sea front tour, involving the toughest cake challenges known to cycledom.

Just like the famous Liege-Bastogne-Liege, the event will be run on bicycles (similarities fade from there... )

We will start from Brighton (for those based nearby) and travel to Littlehampton, collecting various retrobikers along the way. We will then meet with our fellow RB'ers in Littlehampton, who will join us for our return journey. Once at Brighton, we shall wave the intrepid LA members on their way home, hence, we can just about scrape getting away with the name of the event.

The event will be relatively steady paced, but obviously to get 40 miles in (approx distance), we can't hang around too long or go too slowly.

The date of the event is 16th March 2014. Please put your names down if interested. Please consider the recent weather; I do not want to run a ride that is in 60mph winds or driving rain, so if it gets really bad near the time, we will postpone it.

The meeting point (Brighton) will be near the King Alfred / Marocco's 9:30 - 10.00 so that its pretty easy for those driving / trains. Meeting point littlehampton will be the seafront approx 12.00 - 12:30 (TBC), we will return to the Velo Cafe in Brighton.

Bikes - Retro or non-retro, something you will be happy to ride on mostly roads.

Event highlights:

Cake
Huge, testing seafront climbs such as the Col du Shoreham swing-bridge.
Choice of Wind, Rain, Snow settings.
cycle paths
Bikes.
Tea / coffee / beverage of choice*

*subject to available menu offerings

Confirmed starting list (Please denote Forum username, Bike, Favourite cake as well as available for the event)

DA-EVO, Roberts road bike, Lemon cake.
bobcatmax, leo, 35, all his own teeth, tennis racquet in disguise as a road bike, anything without marzipan. SKIVING.
Mike Muz , Joe Waugh from the brink of death, Tarts, with Belgian Buns?
kampos ; Kona Kula ; chocolate brownie ! - injured in the line of duty.
Bryan555, Pisces, Marin Team Issue, 8", chocolate cake. And modest.
Keybored, Eclipse, Carrot Cake, Full Downhill outfit.
Splatter Paint, 1990 Cinder Cone, Carrot Cake

Questions? pls ask.

Re: LA-Brightogne-LA, The spring cake classic

I'll be there if it doesn't clash with HONC . Is this for road bikes or mtbs ?
Mike

Mike Muz 67":3vhegebv said:
I'll be there if it doesn't clash with HONC . Is this for road bikes or mtbs ?
Mike

Won't clash with HONC as I am booked for that also... Road / MTB whichever suits but I will probably be on a road bike.

Yep count me in, the new Velo cafe in Brighton is on the cake list for me.

Any date's yet?

Back