Arundel to Amberley loop ride in February

Dawn Treader

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys and gals, I would like to plan a hill ride in the month of February. It looks like there's a gap in the South East calendar for this time and I'm a bit disturbed we could all stay fat and unfit after Christmas :xmas-big-grin: ... if we don't do something together.

I was planning on a ride starting at Arundel railway station. Going over the hills to Amberley then joining the south downs way where we should get some nice views. Finally making our way back through Angmering Park to Arundel. I'm hoping there will be a fairly long downhill section somewhere.

I confess I haven't ridden over there before :oops: ... so I will go out like a Pit Pony into the darkness and try and investigate every path and trail known to man by February.

If any of you have any knowledge of a nice trail, path or bridleway we could go on then let me know by email using a screen shot from Bing maps Ordnance survey or something similar. Thanks

Dave. davidkeel@hotmail.co.uk

Dave, could very well be interested in this. There are more than a couple of us over this way who could join in.

Will noise up some of the regulars. If you are interested, there should be the "I hate Xmas Shopping" ride just before the 25th starting out from Arundel station...

Hi Max. Is that ride on the 25th February ? I didn't see that ride in the calendar so I wouldn't mind changing the date of this planned one to Amberley

Okay Max, where will the ride be going to ? As maybe it goes into the same place as the route I was thinking of. ? I hope to come on the Christmas shopping haters ride then, Lol (love the name of that !)

Will dig out some details when I get home Dave - maps and the like. It's also known as the Infamous Arundel Loop. It's taken more than a few prisoners, me included!

Hi Max, thanks for finding that. I remember reading about that ride when I joined the forum last year. It was really good reading as well. ;)

Looks like you went up to Whiteways and the forest area there and then downhill to Amberley.

I agree the Black Rabbit is a good place to add to the route. I wasn't going to include the Whiteways area but go on the South Downs after Amberley towards Storrington direction. Then just above Storrington come down hill to Angmering Park.

Maybe I am best making the route and then I can take pictures of it and put them into this Topic. It's certainly a great place for our bikes though. :D

Dave.

yours sounds fine Dave, and if you can include the amberley tea rooms, then you are definitely on to a winner ;)

Back