Tour du Cake // Movember ride pt.2 aftermath

DA-EVO

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I shall start this thread and leave it ready for those with the truth and photo's to update.

Good to see you all as usual and thanks for arranging it. :)

A little ditty , to be sung in a Gloria Gaynor- I will survive style :facepalm:
At first there was just me,
Then there were five of us ,

Riding up and down the prom , it shouldn't be a fuss ,

Eating cake and banging on ,
About our bikes that have come and gone ,
I don't feel fit , but at least I'm not gettin' covered in s--t !

And so we're back to do the ride we did a month ago ,
Drinking coffee , finding loos , and catching up with Retro Bros ,
Worse was to come , as we rolled along ,
When we hit town , I had to shake my head and frown ,

Whoa , get off , the cycle path ,
Did you not think to look each way before you crossed you silly arse ?

But one by one we made it through ,
Past Dukes Mound and Asda too ,
To Rottingdean , now we're living the south coast dream !

But I survived , we all survived ,
All the time on our old bikes , we're feeling so alive ,
No disc brakes or lock out forks,
Such modern things don't pop our corks ,

We all survived

Part two report to come next !

If the mods are interested , I can do commissions , but only if they have deep enough pockets obviously ! :LOL:
Retrobike the Musical or maybe Retroriders and the Quest for the Holy Chainset !
Maybe I've been watching too much Monty Python recently ?! :facepalm: :roll: :LOL:

Attachments

• Movember II Ride.jpg
    Movember II Ride.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 976
  • Carats.jpg
    Carats.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 976
How pleased am I to get rid of this facial farce !
Woke up to a lovely day , if a little chilly . Got to the start just as Vince got there on his very smart Kona Explosif having travelled down from Reading .
After a bit of chat , and oggling his bike , Anthony turned up with his KHS titanium bike , swiftly followed up by DA-EVO and his son .
And so we made our way along to Carats , to sample their wares and had some warming hot drinks .
Came back past the start , to our second stop at The Meeting Place for more refreshments . Some amusement was had as we spotted DA-EVO checking out another bike for his next project :LOL: :LOL:
Afret which we braved our way along Brighton seafront - which actually wasn't very busy for once - and on to Rottingdean for our third tea and cake break . It's a hard life eh ? :LOL:
I still think that of the three cafes , that one is the best .
Then DA-EVO suggested we tried a new cycling cafe at The Level in Brighton , which turned out to be a good idea , as it was a good pit stop . And they had cyclo-cross on the TV too !
Bumped into the Cycling Gardener whilst we were there , who seemed to take the Movember thing to a whole new level ! :shock: :roll:
It also warmed up while we were there too , as the Sun put in an appearance :cool: . After which , DA-EVO and his son went home as they lived a stones' throw from the cafe , and Vince , Anthony and I rode back to the start for a final photo before bidding one another farewell , and going our separate ways . All in all , a nice social ride in good company .
I hope that Mrs Max had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! And that her injuries are healing well ;)
Here's DA-EVOs' immaculate-looking '84 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer which came out as bike of the ride IMO , swiftly followed by Vinces' Kona Explosif, nice one
Mike

Attachments

• Retro Reporter.jpg
    Retro Reporter.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 974
  • Explosif.jpg
    Explosif.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 974
  • Dillon.jpg
    Dillon.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 974
  • ian.jpg
    ian.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 974
  • three cool bikes.jpg
    three cool bikes.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 974
  • Mountain Goat.jpg
    Mountain Goat.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 974
:facepalm: :oops: :roll:
Oh Crikey ! Sorry Victor ,
You need Whitecross Street BTW , the east side of it
You got some great photos mate , well done ;)
Mike

well done for making it out and well done for the mo's excellent performances from Iain and Mike :D

did we get any more pics from this? thinking about posting up a double whammy aftermath in the rides section to get some interest up for next year

planning, Rodders...this time next year we'll be mustachioed millionaires...

Back