BIG DOG AFTERMATH

TheGreenRabbit

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
The year the Big Dog took a bite from a retrobiker.........

Attachments

• RB (1).jpg
    RB (1).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • RB (5).jpg
    RB (5).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,217
  • RB (6).jpg
    RB (6).jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1,217
  • RB (7).jpg
    RB (7).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,217
  • RB (8).jpg
    RB (8).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,217
  • RB (9).jpg
    RB (9).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,217
cracking photos there TGR,

well, the Big Dog took a bite from me this year. A rather unexpected endo/wobble over some off-camber roots and I had the big ring buried in my left calf. quite a tricky achievement of which I'm rather proud. you will all be pleased to hear I took a big MTFU pill and finished the lap...it was my 3rd and final lap however as I was packed off to A&E when I got in.

a full ride report once the painkillers have reached a woozy plateau and I've sorted out some of my pictures

Just some of the retrobikers who made it along

Attachments

• RB (2).jpg
    RB (2).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (3).jpg
    RB (3).jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (4).jpg
    RB (4).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (10).jpg
    RB (10).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (13).jpg
    RB (13).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (14).jpg
    RB (14).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (15).jpg
    RB (15).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (16).jpg
    RB (16).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (17).jpg
    RB (17).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,186
  • RB (18).jpg
    RB (18).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,186
What a great day out! We managed to finish 2nd overall in the retro pairs after a tight fought battle with the leading two. Nice to meet some more retrobike guys too!
Both the bikes- Pace rc200 and the Clockwork- took a real battering but are still in one piece!
Looking forward to doing this again next year now!

That was the closest run race I've ever been involved in. Big respect to the Tri Harder team who kept the pressure on for the whole race. Going into the last lap with only a 36 second lead was pretty scary. My brother nailed the final run of the day and guaranteed the win. We had all been shouting at him as he hit the cliff bar climb “36 seconds!” We all shouted So much that he fell off.

It was good to meet fellow retro bike riders and pit our machines against that harsh course. We’ll definitely be back again next year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,151
westdigital":3neewitv said:
That was the closest run race I've ever been involved in. Big respect to the Tri Harder team who kept the pressure on for the whole race. Going into the last lap with only a 36 second lead was pretty scary. My brother nailed the final run of the day and guaranteed the win. We had all been shouting at him as he hit the cliff bar climb “36 seconds!” We all shouted So much that he fell off.

It was good to meet fellow retro bike riders and pit our machines against that harsh course. We’ll definitely be back again next year.
Cheers mate,going into that last lap I pushed too hard at the start to try and make up the time,but,there's always next year!
It was a great day yesterday,battered and bruised today :LOL:

Wow the retro bikers all look very serious in those photos ^.

It was a great day, we were beaten to the podium by 4 minutes. It's not about the winning though folks...

Hope yer leg's OK Max. I feel pretty bad for not stopping, I didn't know you'd damaged yourself though. Fair play for finishing the lap!

Back