Swinley Forest - Bracknell ride - 11am Sun July 28th

secret_squirrel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Evening all,

Anyone fancy a meet up at Swinley forest one weekend in July?

at the moment I've got the following free :

28 July

see Al-onestars write up here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=258431

Meet point - front of Outlook Discovery Center car as close to 11am (a couple will be 15 mins late. )

So far we have Sunday 28th July
Secret_squirrel - black decaless Orange with RC35's & front disc.
reluctant
al-onestar 1120ish
Whatleymeister
Purelysquire
Matt P (mate) - green and black Scott from memory.

provisional
Mark Washington

OUT
Daugs

Re: Swinley Forest - Bracknell July ride?

Always difficult to find a date that suits everyone, but 13, 14 or 28th would work for me. :)

Saturday 21st or 28th are good for me. I'll be going defo one of those days with the Manomano...

What's the nearest station to Swinley? I was up there last weekend "going" Ape and saw a guy on a really nice De-Kerf complete with period (circa 99/00) XTR. I'll be coming from Brighton, but once I assess the train situation, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to come.

It's about 15 mins ride tops from both Bracknell station and Martins Heron station of the two I would choose martins as its a quieter road. They are both on the same line Reading to Waterloo - SW trains. Stops at Clapham junc and many others.

From Brighton it's 2 hrs on a Sunday due to a long wait at Clapham :(

Link to the trail maps here (PDF) :http://www.theroyallandscape.co.uk/medi ... 202013.pdf

Just a word of warning for those of you who have been before - it is now managed trails only since 2013 - think mini trail Center rather than a free-roam forest.

Also for those driving bring a few quid for the car park.

put me down for a provisional as well, how far/fast you going ?

It's about a 90 min loop according to Al roughly about 16 miles. We'll add in a cake stop and attempt to show up the Dh'ers and free riders on the way around - so figure on at least 2 hrs plus maybe another 1 hr if ypur're up for it.

So far we have Sunday 28th July
Secret_squirrel
reluctant
al-onestar

provisional
My mate Matt
Purleysquire
Mark Washington

OUT
Daugs

Back