north hants/basingstoke

lowslowandold

Retro Guru
any one around for a ride sometime?

im in basingstoke, dont know many routes around here (even though i have lived here for nearly 10years :LOL: )

we are over Hook way, moved out of London couple years ago, just getting back into riding, as wife says - if I spent as much time riding them as I did in the garage, I could do the tour, could be up for some rides when in slightly better shape

when are you thinking, also there was some stuff a while back about a lot of the trails there being closed and just a single loop being left but not sure what actually happened ?

If you look in the SE forums just below the latest thread is one from al-onestar on his visit there. Think a lot of the adhic trails are now closed & replaced with some more formal ones.

I did three laps of the Blue after work the other day - quite entertaining :)
It's a bit short though - only 9k

I'd be up for a ride out at some point - not fussed where - but just depends on work.
I'm usually found getting miles in on the Kennet towpath....

I've also done a few miles of the South Downs Way - park just outside Winchester and bimble out to a fishing lake & tearoom somewhere and back.

Im always up for a ride, in basingstoke also... next to town. . . Just got back into riding after a few years, and a few stone gains! lol... but im out riding 3 times a week trying to get back into shape... just drop me a pm. :D

Hi guys
I'm in Basingstoke as well, just got back into riding after a 10 year gap. Currently riding my Whyte PRST1, but also slowly rebuilding my original Coyote Ultralight. Enjoying riding south of Basingstoke around ellisfield found a good 15 mile off road route. Would be good to have others to ride with, but I work shifts so ride at different times.
Cheers
Alex

Back