Where are you all?

warpedboy2

Retrobike Rider
So, where is everyone?

Despite posting rides up for the last few weeks it's always the same faces that turn up (Godders and Me).

Come of people. Lets get a good thing going. Our area includes London, Kent and Sussex, where are you all?

GRD, Godders and Myself are planning on starting a series of winter rides in the Leith Hill area which is more or less bang in the middle of London and the South Coast, and not too far from Kent.

Leith is ideal for winter rides as the ground drains well, and you are sheltered from the worst of the winds by the trees, and there is an awesome tea shop :LOL:

So come on people, let's do this! Don't worry if you have never been on a Retrobike ride. The pace will not be fast, and we really don't care what you ride. It's all about the fun!

The north down are about 1h away
Arundel 2 hours .

too far for me to drive .

and after being stuck in Arundel train station , no way I am going back on the train .

It's winter. I don't mess about on mtb's in the winter. Public transport is sh*t at the best of seasons. And standing about on train stations in the cold,wet and dark is not my idea of a laugh.
I also don't cycle in the dark. Roll on spring and the long days

If I managed to lug my huuuuuuugely unfit self out on these rides in rain, wind, and general dankness and have a great time, you all can too!

I was left for dead on several hills, but I will get my legs back if it kills me. Which is likely.

Whatleymeister":2aea1enj said:
If I managed to lug my huuuuuuugely unfit self out on these rides in rain, wind, and general dankness and have a great time, you all can too!

I think not

I've been busy with work and family recently and have only been able to sneak rides in where I can, dedicating an entire day to a ride would be tricky!

I'm here but have been ill since my return from holiday 6 weeks ago. Neck went for a month and then I had bad man flu last week. temp of 38.2!

I need to get myself back into fitness before contemplating holding you up....yet again... :LOL:

I'm planning to start next week.

PS Nov has been bloody busy socially. Haven't had time to do anything for myself!!!

Latest posts

Back