Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:51 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: lunch, recently
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:30 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

I had lunch recently with someone who will remain nameless (b****555) who admitted to using his work rucksack as a windsail to attain a Strava KOM on a certain stretch of seafront. He admitted this whilst eating 4 kilograms of baked camembert and a suggestion of side salad.

If you see someone at bigdog or mayhem looking like they are biking home from work at about 45 kph you have been warned...

also i think he smokes gitanes, he's even got a sticker on his bike advertising them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:37 am 

However i'm not going to bad-mouth him as he paid for lunch.

Cheers Bryan ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:22 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Funnily enough, we were having lunch at The Bridge Inn at Amberley on Wednesday, and one of the guys had what was called a ploughman's lunch. No ploughman ever ate such a thing. A similar amount of brie, but plenty of salad, revolting-looking coleslaw, a couple of bits of 'French' bread. Needless to say he felt ill on the way back and struggled to keep up. I had chips and I was fine.

No photos I'm afraid. 46 miles in all, SDW from Hove to Amberley, return via Amgmering Woods, Cissbury and Shoreham. Obviously a lot heavier going than it was a few weeks ago, Amgmering Woods in particular really quite boggy and will be for a while yet I guess. SDW not too bad though, not enough to slow you down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:08 pm 

Anthony wrote:
Funnily enough, we were having lunch at The Bridge Inn at Amberley on Wednesday, and one of the guys had what was called a ploughman's lunch. No ploughman ever ate such a thing. A similar amount of brie, but plenty of salad, revolting-looking coleslaw, a couple of bits of 'French' bread. Needless to say he felt ill on the way back and struggled to keep up. I had chips and I was fine.

No photos I'm afraid. 46 miles in all, SDW from Hove to Amberley, return via Amgmering Woods, Cissbury and Shoreham. Obviously a lot heavier going than it was a few weeks ago, Amgmering Woods in particular really quite boggy and will be for a while yet I guess. SDW not too bad though, not enough to slow you down.

Sounds a lovely route - I just wish the conditions were better as I have a week off and want to get out a bit on the bikes. I might however pop along to Dunkirk as there is a stage race there this week and that would be good.

Post subject: Re: lunch, recently
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:24 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

DA-EVO wrote:
admitted to using his work rucksack as a windsail to attain a Strava KOM on a certain stretch of seafront. He admitted this whilst eating 4 kilograms of baked camembert and a suggestion of side salad.

If you see someone at bigdog or mayhem looking like they are biking home from work at about 45 kph you have been warned...

also i think he smokes gitanes, he's even got a sticker on his bike advertising them.

:lol: What I didn't admit is that there's also a motor in that big old rucksack. That, too, runs almost exclusively on cheese.