Hampshire riders...

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi

Just wondering if any rides happen in the Hampshire area. I live near Southampton and have much fun riding the trails over Lordswood near Chilworth. I go over there regularily with some mates and the "kids" (I say kids but late teens!) have built up some top dirt runs with jumps etc. Really good times, takes me back to my BMX riding in the 80's. Albeit now on a full susser!...

Does anyone know of any other good trails in the area?...or fancy hooking up?

All the best

Wook

me too, been off the bike for a while so will need breaking in gently :LOL:

we ride lots of different routes around the new forest and down as far as brighton

bluedazzler":1ieezrqf said:
me too, been off the bike for a while so will need breaking in gently :LOL:

we ride lots of different routes around the new forest and down as far as brighton

Ok Chris

I'm not too far down the road, in Bournemouth. I'd be up for a New Forest ride (if it ever stops raining). Be happy to do a route that I know.
Also, keep your eyes peeled for one of jonnyboy666's IOW rides. The riding is good, but the conversation is just wrong! :D

Not sure what you are looking for? Lots to ride around here, some of my favorites:

Itchen Navigation foot path, you could pick this up at Itchen valley country park and ride to Winchester stop for a pub lunch and ride back. Not supposed to ride on this one.

South Downs way starts in Winchester and keeps going east for 100 miles.

Meon valley has the old railway line and you can pick up the south downs way.

Lots of little woods to ride around etc.

Thanks for responses. I know a fair few routes through the forest and I've done the Itchen towpath ride up through shawford etc. I've been hearing good things about the new trails that have been built up near Petersfield at the Queen Elizabeth Country Park...anyone know anything about this?

Wook

Looks interesting Jimmy...may have to check it out especially as the Forestry Comission keep flattening the trails over at Lordswood!

There's loads of navigable bridleways around Winchester. There's a couple of great downhills from Cheesfoot Head into Chilcomb and Morestead.
Alresford is a good base to do a figure 8 route of drovers tracks north and south with plenty of pub stops en route.
Bishopstoke woods is fast and fun but watch out for dog walkers.
Not got the time to do these myself anymore but your welcome to drop in if you want to see the routes i know. Just send me a pm.

Back