Big Bike Bash 2012 18-19th August

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Tickets have already gone on sale for next years Big Bike Bash.
For those who haven't been, this is a cracking event in The New Forest, Hampshire.
It's basically a weekend of mountain biking 'races' of varying degree's of seriousness (including a 'pint to pint' race :LOL: ) plus a lake-jump comp on the Sunday!
There's lots of races for kids, and the facilities/showers etc on site are good.
There's also a beer tent all weekend plus live music.

This years event was my first time, but others on here have been going for years.
Having been on numerous retrobike rides/events, I can honestly say that Big Bike Bash is tailor made for us lot :D
I'd go as far as to say that this could be an ideal 'leg' of our national rides series for 2012!
A bit of info from last year... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162652

Link here for tickets.... http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/content/tickets

Me too. Kids loved it. Holly won't take her race number off her bike!
Hope you're well mark. How's the new motor?

trickylad":28ukncvi said:
Me too. Kids loved it. Holly won't take her race number off her bike!
Hope you're well mark. How's the new motor?

Loving it thanks! 4K miles already :shock:
I've realised that the weekend of BBB is also the weekend my Sister gets married. I hope they don't miss me in the pics too much :D

If I can afford this aswell then I'm game, although Brighton usually wipes out that month's play money allowance.

Looking to come along this year with la familia and had a quick question for the BBB veterans - what goes on on the sunday i.e. what time does it finish? Is it worth camping the sunday night?

Ta

rosstheboss":3a02tgys said:
Looking to come along this year with la familia and had a quick question for the BBB veterans - what goes on on the sunday i.e. what time does it finish? Is it worth camping the sunday night?

Ta

I'm a veteran, but not of BBB ;)
Last year the lake jumping finished early afternoon and then there were presentations until around 4.
I think all of the facilities (mainly the bar!) are closed on the Sunday night.
We all left on the Sunday evening, but then I only live 10 miles away

dammit. i'm going to be away on hols
would've liked to see the santa cruz on that short course madness on sunday morning

I'll be there. I might even ride retro this year, it's ideal for it down there.

I've done all 3 of them so far and it's possibly my cycling highlight of the year. Just brilliant fun! :)

Latest posts

Back