If You Want A Job Doing Properly DIY Enigma Bikes Content

thesneaker

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Got a aluminum Klein frame with a seatpost stuck, tried eveything, last resort is to have it drilled out, does anybody know where i could get this done in the Worthing area?

not exactly local to me but Enigma in Eastbourne will machine the seatpost out for me, anyone else used these guys before?

used to be called Omega .

Mark is a nice guy .

they repaired Sylvain ibis ti .

Can't your LBS use a reamer to ream it into oblivion? Or at least close to, and then you could peel it out.

I can't quite picture an aluminium post that can't be sawn out of an aluminium frame. :?

Anthony":2xudb8t4 said:
Can't your LBS use a reamer to ream it into oblivion? Or at least close to, and then you could peel it out.

I can't quite picture an aluminium post that can't be sawn out of an aluminium frame. :?

spoke to 1 of my LBS's and the mechanic had sold his reamer a while back :(

heres a picture for you, its abit of a mess.

Attachments

• DSC02838.JPG
    DSC02838.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 758
rosstheboss":2zasmi40 said:
Is it just the photo or is the seat tube/seatstay bit horribly bubbled?

The paint has badly oxidised in some places, its getting a full respray if i can get the seatpost out.

Its a 1993 Attitude, hence worth saving as its pretty good apart from the post and paint.

It is a bit of a mess, with nothing left to get hold of. Even so, it does look as though you've got a bit of a gap between post and tube to get some PlusGas down. PlusGas can work some surprising miracles if given several weeks to insinuate itself.

have you tried cutting down with a hacksaw blade? depending on how much post is in the frame, you could maybe cut it into sections then tap each one loose

bluedazzler":39k75svm said:
have you tried cutting down with a hacksaw blade? depending on how much post is in the frame, you could maybe cut it into sections then tap each one loose

yeah i tried that, the previous owner had already started to cut down the inside, soon as it got the corrosion the section of seatpost broke off.

Its at Enigma bikes as we speak being worked on....

Back